The Ultimate Mix

epicseeds

I am trying to concoct the "Ultimate Mix" - and by ultimate I mean: a mix that will feed the plant from start to finish and all one would really need to do is add water.

In order to do this I theorize one would need to start a seed/clone in a 5 gal container and have the top layer consist of something very light as to not burn the delicate plant. Then as the roots grow further down and the plant matures there will be different layers of food/nutrients.

You can also take advantage of the fact that as one waters, it will leech and bring nutrients from the top layers down to the bottom layer - providing different types of nutrients for bloom near the bottom layer.

I know that Fox Farm Ocean Forest is packed with enough nutes to do this already in a limited fashion. I have gotten by not having to feed plants for just shy of 2 months - by adding nothing but water.

Has anyone attempted to do something like this? I was hoping to start a discussion on 1) is this even possible 2) if so, what products would you use?

I have been reading about the Osmocote Plus (SP) and this is what got me thinking of this technique - yet I would like something purely organic.

Comments, suggestions, experiences??

Re: The Ultimate Mix -

Google subcool super soil. Should get some youtube vids on how to make it as well. really comes down to composting the organic nutes in good soil. He puts it in the bottom 1/3 of the pot I think and uses whatever on top. Been a while since I read or watched any of that. But its exactly what you want.

I think it comes down to re-using your organic soil while trying to mix it with fresh, rich in nutrients, homemade compost. At the moment I'm growing three plants and one of them is an automatic strain (supposed to finish from seed in 10 weeks in perfect conditions). I put it in soil, which was basically a mix of my own compost, hydrated lime, bone meal, potting mix and a bit of organic miracle glo. First time it was fed 5 days ago (after 10 weeks) with molasses tea.

I'm thinking about mixing my used soil with worm castings and humic acid in my next grow and just let it grow untill any signs of deficiencies show up.

Back
Top Bottom