There is always a first time

ThomasTuri

Hello EveryOne ! Have a nice week ( a bit late ) !
My name is Thomas Turi ( nick name ) and i ' m from Greece . I decided to start my own grow . I have searched around and around , and i think that i ' m almost ready . I would like from you to take a look at the list below and tell me your opinions , recommendations .

PROJECT LIST

• Axial Fan 150 298m3 ( and of course a tube )
  • All-Mix 50lt
  • Bio-Grow 1lt
  • Bio-Bloom 1lt
  • Min-Max Combo Thermo Hygrometer
  • A digital time switch
  • Flower Pots , 11 L each .
  • Cultibox Light 120x120x200cm
  • Kit 600W Hobby Sylvania : EuroReflector Stucco 400x470x166mm

( a complete kit that includes a reflector , a trasformer and a lamp )

The strains i decided to grow is the
: Northern Lights Automatic Seeds
Northern Lights Automatic Seeds - Sensi Seeds - Sensi Seeds

and
: Super Skunk Automatic Seeds
Super Skunk Automatic Seeds - Sensi Seeds

Thanks a lot in advance !!!

Hi Thomas Turi.

Welcome to 420 Magazine! :welcome:

All you need to do is add water and your growing!

Thanks a lot TanR !!!

You mean that the list is OK and all the choices above ? Ιf so , i 'll order everything immediately !

Yes, you have listed pretty much everything you need. You will probably want a small fan of some sort for air movement inside the tent, but I assume you have a house fan you can use or source locally. Otherwise, this will get you up and running.

Thomas Turi, I just tried to locate the light you reference above. Since their isn't a link within your original post, I did a search using the exact terminology and I'm not seeing that the Reflector is air cooled (enclosed). It appears to be an open air reflector. If it is then you will not need the Axial fan and ventilation tube. Am I looking at the right one?

I strongly recommend you reconsider if the hood is not air cooled. I still regret not spending the few extra dollars for an air cooled hood and fan and fight the heat in my tent as a result.

Thomas, in order to use the fan and tube to cool the hood it needs to look something like this.

Air_cooled_hood.jpg

It might have a flat piece of glass across the bottom, but somehow the bulb must be enclosed.

Hello !

Thanks so much for your immediate responses !

I am not sure if i got it right . However i will explain what i understood .

TanR adviced me that if i would order the COMPLETE KIT i posted above , then i don't have to buy neither the axial fan nor the ventillation tube , but i will have issues with the temperature.

In case i do order the kit ,and also order this :

Αlegre Growshop

do i have to order the fan and ventillation tube ?

Good Morning From Crete !

KingJohnC is this a kit that you would approve ?

Αlegre Growshop

Αnd one last question ( i hope it's the last )

What about the smell ? Do i have to buy an axial fan and a ventillation tube so as to throw out the smell from the inside of the Cultibox?

Thomas,

The light you posted a link to below would benefit from the axial fan and tubing (ducting) to vent out the heat from the light. If smell outside your box is an issue then you might look at a carbon filter such as one of these. Αlegre Growshop

Αlegre Growshop

What about the smell ? Do i have to buy an axial fan and a ventillation tube so as to throw out the smell from the inside of the Cultibox?

Αlegre Growshop

What about the smell ? Do i have to buy an axial fan and a ventilation tube so as to throw out the smell from the inside of the Cultibox?

I can not read the language of the web page you have linked. I would purchase an electronic Digital Dimmable Ballast and cooltube kit as they are more efficient and have longer light bulb life. You will need an inline fan and carbon filter to remove the odours from your grow area. Have a look at my KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal to see how I have my equipment hooked up.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Good Morning !

Smell is not an issue .
But i would like to ask you TanR one more thing .
Is it absolutely necessary to have a vent ? Will the Cooltube kit be enough so as not to have issues with the heat?

Good Morning EveryOne !

I think i reached a conclusion . . From what i ' ve read ( By The Way KingJohnC your setup is AWESOME ... ) i decided to order the 600 Watt CoolTube Kit and the Axial Fan ( 150mm 298 m^3 / hr . ) . Combined with a small fan i believe that inside the CultiBox , heat is not going to be an issue , considering that the possible temperature values range from 24 Celsius to 27 Celsius .

Taking into consideration the strains i'm about to grow and the characteristics of them , i think that 18 hours of light daily are going to be more than enough . As for the distance between the light and the pots , the first two days will be about 140 cm and after i'll have it 1 meter above .

Am i right or i'm just talking nonsense ( which i believe i do..... ;-( )

Your optimum light distance from the plants will be much less then 1 meter. Place your hand underneath the light and move it to the point you can not feel any heat from the light bulb and move it above your canopy to that level, raise the light as your plants grow.

Here are some lumen versus distance charts, they do not take heat into account

Metal_Halide_chart.jpg

HPS_chart.jpg

grow-room-light-distances.jpg

High_Intensity_Light_Coverage.jpg

HPSGraphPAR.jpg

Good Morning EveryOne !
KingJohnC your help is precious . Thank you very much . Thanks everyone that dedicates time to advice me .

I would like to ask about this product : 600w HPS Grow Light System Standard

How does this look to you ? Will this kind of light , combined with an extractor fan be appropriate so as not to have mayor heat issues??

I would use a 6 inch 400 CFM inline fan with a carbon air filter for scent control. If you find you are unable to manage the heat in the summer time you can dim the ballast. If you look at my KingJohnC 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal you can see how I have my equipment hooked up.

KingJohnC's 400 Watt LA Confidential Seed Cabinet Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Hello EveryOne!
Good Morning !
I am almost done with the order .
I choosed a :WINFLEX TURBO TT125 MM 220/280 M3/H for ventillation in order to suck the heat
and a VKO 150cm 300m3/h ventillator in order to bring some fresh air .
As for the light i ordered this : COOLTUBE Kit Superplant Agro 30%blue 600W

Do you approve?

And one last thing !
WHich i one should i go for ???
Plagron All Mix 50lt OR All-Mix 50lt BIOBIZZ

Back
Top Bottom