TheSquaadFather's Beginner Organic Grow Ft Schism (T.I.T.S x Chem91 Bx3)

SquaadFather

420 Member
Hey all! Welcome to my first journal, thanks for checking it out! Feel free to comment or ask about anything. Im a new grower and learning new things every day. Working on my 3rd harvest here soon, and went from coco + synthetics -> soil + synthetics -> Fully Organic! Ill be setting up a 3x3 raised bed in my converted shed, and starting my first no-till grow.

Strain: Schism (T.I.T.S x Chem91 Bx3) from SkunkVA (LuckyDogSeedCo)
Genetic Makeup: 70/30 Sativa
Pot Size: 3x3 Fabric Raised Bed
Grow Space: 7' x 12'
How Many Plants: 6
Environment: Indoor
Medium: Organic Living Soil
Lights: Vipar Spectra KS5000 600W (XS3000Pro 300W in Veg/supplemental)
Nutrients: Roots Organic Uprising

I'll be posting my current grow protocols, something I plan to upkeep in the future with my lessons learned from each grow. Ill follow up with this actual grow soon!

Grow Protocols

Germination (day 0)

Light: 1000 ppfd (50%) @ 6” 24/0

Temp: 80-85

RH: 90%-100%

Soil: Paper towel / Coco coin?

Water: Arrowhead (spring water)

Soak seeds 12-24 hours in darkness. Pour water into paper towel with seeds. DO NOT DROP SEEDS. Place paper towel in ziplock and place underneath direct light (warmth). Wait 24-48 hours for radicle to show before transplanting. Direct sow in coco coin? Soak coco coin in light veg nutes (300ec) (recharge?) (mykos?)

Transplant

Mykos only (azmos?)

Seedling/Rooting (Day 1 - 14)

Light: 150-300 ppfd @ 12” 20/4

Temp: 75F-80F

RH: 70%-80%

Soil: Coco coir (coco coin) + mykos

Container: solo cup

Nutes: Simpro grow? Terp tea grow? Nitrogen Amino Acid? Only at first sign of def

Water: Mist from top ro water only

Humidity dome or ziplock bags for week 1

Transplant

Add mykos, water in with recharge

Veg (Day 15 - 37)

Light: 300-600 ppfd @ 14” 18/6

Temp: 75F-85F

RH: 60%-70%

Soil: Coco coir mix (roots original vs kings mix) + roots organic uprising + wollastonite + ewc

Container: 1.25 gal plastic pots

Dry amendment: roots organic uprising grow 1tbsp per gal

Nutrients: roots organic terp tea grow after 4 weeks or first sign of def 1tbsp/gal of water. Aerate for 24 hours.

Water: top water until roots establish then bottom water (dunk). Ro water only.

Recharge weekly/biweekly

Transplant

Wait 1 week before flipping to 12/12

Flower (Day 38-94/108)

Soil: Peat mix (Roots 707) (lush?) + 50/50 (25/75? Soil has grow nutes) roots organic uprising grow/bloom + ewc

Container: 3x3 Fabric Raised bed or 10+ Gal Fabric Pot

Transition

Light: 650-800 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Dry Nutrients: roots uprising bloom every other week (only once week 3-5?)

Nutrients: roots Terp tea bloom every other week (50/50 grow/bloom during stretch)

Flowering

Light: 800-950 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Temp: 70F-80F

RH: 50%-60%

Nutrients: roots Terp tea bloom every other week (50/50 grow/bloom during stretch)

Ripening

Light: 600-800 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Harvest

24 hours of light before harvest.

Cannatrol: Chop and flip. 24 hour hang dry. Remove all fan leaves. Buck and load. Dry trim during cure.

Slow dry: Sep-Feb 60F@60%rh 10-15 days. Leave fan leaves. (Remove prior to dry trimming)(remove when dry?)

Germination (day 0)

Was this a typo? 100ppfd seems more appropriate.
But maybe it doesn't matter too much if they're wrapped in paper towel and you're doing it for the heat.
Interesting, just be careful not to overdo it. I germinate in the dark and once the seeds crack open I dump them into soil.

Welcome to the community, @SquaadFather.

:welcome:

Ive got a few girls finishing up in the shed, so i figured itd be a good time to start setting up my soil for the next round of girls! Ill get around to introducing the girls soon, lets focus on the set up for now! First things first, lets hit the grow store!

I had originally planned to upgrade my current 3gal pots to 10 gal for flower. After doing some price research, I found I was able to get a 3x3 raised bed for about the same cost as the pots. After factoring in the blumats that would be required to run a raised bed vs 5 individual pots, the raised bed seems to be the most cost effective option in the long run. Not to mention more soil = bigger plants right? This first organic grow in 3gal pots has been rough to say the least, hoping the bed makes all the difference!

The plan:
As much as I love supporting local small businesses, after a ton of price checking it has become apparent that the large corporate hydro store in town is significantly cheaper for all products. As such, GrowGeneration will be providing most of the supplies. Their online store allowed me to shop before heading in

1 part Promix-HPCC 2.8 CF for $20 x2
1 part Perlite 1.5 cf for $30
1 Part Compost from the local Arizona Worm Farm 2cf for about $10
Roots Organic Uprising Nutrients Grow and Bloom - Already purchased
Green Gro Granular Myco Innoculant - 25$
3x3 Dirt Pot Fabric Raised Bed - $31
Total Estimated cost: $136

The Purchase:
The store ended up not carring the promix-HPCC and the other mixes are about 2.8 CF for $40. I opted instead to buy Roots Organic 707 Potting soil. This mix contains compost, pumice, and a light ammendment charge and happens to be what I currently use. Because of this, I figured I do not need to add more compost, only aeration and nutrients. I decided against perlite and instead bought LECA. Any thoughts on using this as aeration?

Roots Organic 707 Soil - 6 CF for $66
Leca .9CF for $16
Green Gro Granular Myco Innoculant - 25$
3x3 Dirt Pot Fabric Raised Bed - $26
Hi Brix Mollases (probably got sweet talked but ill give it a shot) - $20
Plastic Pallets i picked up outside a warehouse on the way out - Free
Total Cost: $153

Not bad and hopefully this should last a while! I also spent $40 on a 60 Gal tote to mix the soil, but we'll repurpose for another household use after lol.

Next, lets cook some organic living soil!

Soil Mix:
Roots Organic 707 Soil - 3CF + ~1CF from another open bag
LECA - .9 CF (Is This too Much?) I may remove a bunch and also add Biochar)
AZ Worm Farm EWC - ~2Gal
Roots Organic Uprising Grow - 2 Cups
Roots Organic Uprising Bloom - 2 Cups
AZWF BSFL Insect Frass - 2 Cups
GreenGro Myco Granular Plus - ~8oz (While this is a "Myco" product, the myco count is pretty low. I used this mainly for bacteria!)

I throw this all in a large tote, shook it up, and added 2 gals of water with molasses. Will check moisture tomorrow and add more if needed (Possibly with a brewed tea of Roots Organic Terp Tea). All in all took about 30 minutes of mostly me second guessing each step.

IMG_0334.JPEG

IMG_0335.JPEG
IMG_0337.JPEG

IMG_0338.JPEG
IMG_0339.JPEG

IMG_0341.JPEG

Next I set up the Raised bed. This 3x3 fabric raised bed from dirtpotbox doesnt seem to be the best quality, but at a fraction of the grassroots beds ill give it a shot! The set up was super easy, taking about 7 minutes. I'm planning to purchase some 4x4 flood trays on facebook marketplace (Or use a $20 kiddie pool from walmart). I'm debating elevating the bed with the plastic pallet I got for free today. Thoughts?

IMG_0343.JPEG
IMG_0346.JPEG

Was this a typo? 100ppfd seems more appropriate.
But maybe it doesn't matter too much if they're wrapped in paper towel and you're doing it for the heat.
Interesting, just be careful not to overdo it. I germinate in the dark and once the seeds crack open I dump them into soil.

Welcome to the community, @SquaadFather.

:welcome:
Thanks for the welcome! 1000PPFD is really what I shoot for. Like you said it is mainly for the heat while in paper towels or even once they are in soil. I have found that leaving them under this high intensity until the cotyledons show keeps them from getting leggy. I soak the seeds in water and cover the glass before moving to either paper towel or coco coin for the next time!

Hey all! Welcome to my first journal, thanks for checking it out! Feel free to comment or ask about anything. Im a new grower and learning new things every day. Working on my 3rd harvest here soon, and went from coco + synthetics -> soil + synthetics -> Fully Organic! Ill be setting up a 3x3 raised bed in my converted shed, and starting my first no-till grow.

Strain: Schism (T.I.T.S x Chem91 Bx3) from SkunkVA (LuckyDogSeedCo)
Genetic Makeup: 70/30 Sativa
Pot Size: 3x3 Fabric Raised Bed
Grow Space: 7' x 12'
How Many Plants: 6
Environment: Indoor
Medium: Organic Living Soil
Lights: Vipar Spectra KS5000 600W (XS3000Pro 300W in Veg/supplemental)
Nutrients: Roots Organic Uprising

I'll be posting my current grow protocols, something I plan to upkeep in the future with my lessons learned from each grow. Ill follow up with this actual grow soon!

Grow Protocols

Germination (day 0)

Temp: 80-85

RH: 90%-100%

Soil: Paper towel / Coco coin?

Water: Arrowhead (spring water)

Soak seeds 12-24 hours in darkness. Pour water into paper towel with seeds. DO NOT DROP SEEDS. Place paper towel in ziplock and place underneath direct light (warmth). Wait 24-48 hours for radicle to show before transplanting. Direct sow in coco coin? Soak coco coin in light veg nutes (300ec) (recharge?) (mykos?)

Transplant

Mykos only (azmos?)

Seedling/Rooting (Day 1 - 14)

Light: 150-300 ppfd @ 12” 20/4

Temp: 75F-80F

RH: 70%-80%

Soil: Coco coir (coco coin) + mykos

Container: solo cup

Nutes: Simpro grow? Terp tea grow? Nitrogen Amino Acid? Only at first sign of def

Water: Mist from top ro water only

Humidity dome or ziplock bags for week 1

Transplant

Veg (Day 15 - 37)

Light: 300-600 ppfd @ 14” 18/6

Soil: Coco coir mix (roots original vs kings mix) + roots organic uprising + wollastonite + ewc

Container: 1.25 gal plastic pots

Dry amendment: roots organic uprising grow 1tbsp per gal

Nutrients: roots organic terp tea grow after 4 weeks or first sign of def 1tbsp/gal of water. Aerate for 24 hours.

Water: top water until roots establish then bottom water (dunk). Ro water only.

Recharge weekly/biweekly

Transplant

Wait 1 week before flipping to 12/12

Flower (Day 38-94/108)

Soil: Peat mix (Roots 707) (lush?) + 50/50 (25/75? Soil has grow nutes) roots organic uprising grow/bloom + ewc

Container: 3x3 Fabric Raised bed or 10+ Gal Fabric Pot

Transition

Light: 650-800 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Flowering

Light: 800-950 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Temp: 70F-80F

RH: 50%-60%

Ripening

Light: 600-800 ppfd @ 14” 12/12

Harvest

24 hours of light before harvest.

Cannatrol: Chop and flip. 24 hour hang dry. Remove all fan leaves. Buck and load. Dry trim during cure.

Slow dry: Sep-Feb 60F@60%rh 10-15 days. Leave fan leaves. (Remove prior to dry trimming)(remove when dry?)
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Great start. :high-five:
I'm not great at LOS but I'll follow along.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom