White Widow Auto Grow Journal #2

1/3/19 - Day 36, start of week 5. Soil tested “dry,” watered with pH corrected water, 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, 1.5 tsp. Grow Big, and 1 tsp Tiger Bloom. My estimate on the timing of the bloom was off - all just starting to bloom except Pot #4. Getting really crowded under the lights, may have to sacrifice one plant (probably #4) to make more room for the others. Wish I knew someone who could adopt this little girl.

WW Auto #2 Day 36.jpg

Seeds came from CKS, but I'm not sure they're the breeder. I suspect they came from Spain, possibly Dynafem. Seedsman carries Dynafem, as well as seeds from many breeders - but CKS has treated me very well, so I'm planning on staying with them.

Seeds came from CKS, but I'm not sure they're the breeder. I suspect they came from Spain, possibly Dynafem. Seedsman carries Dynafem, as well as seeds from many breeders - but CKS has treated me very well, so I'm planning on staying with them.

Mine came from CKS also, now I'm really intrigued why yours are faster

I'm really intrigued why yours are faster

I followed your link - so you're using DWC? I'm just using soil (FF with amendments) and only a bank of 4-48" T5 54W HO, so you're way over me when it comes to a set up! Having said this, I think I'd start by checking the normal stuff: pH, nute levels, temp/humidity, etc. But there's lots of growers on the forum much wiser than me, especially when it comes to hydroponics. Gotta be an answer. Poke around a bit. As the old saying goes, this ain't rocket science! And learning can be fun.

1/3/19 - Day 36, start of week 5. Soil tested “dry,” watered with pH corrected water, 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, 1.5 tsp. Grow Big, and 1 tsp Tiger Bloom. My estimate on the timing of the bloom was off - all just starting to bloom except Pot #4. Getting really crowded under the lights, may have to sacrifice one plant (probably #4) to make more room for the others. Wish I knew someone who could adopt this little girl.

WW Auto #2 Day 36.jpg

1/4/19 - Day 37. Starting bloom stretch. Moved lights up 1”.

1/5/19 - Day 38. Temp at tops of plants in 83 degrees. Lights 8-9” above tops.

1/6/19 - Day 39. Soil tested “dry,” watered with pH corrected water, 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, 1.5 tsp. Grow Big, and 1 tsp Tiger Bloom.

1/7/19 - Day 40. Moved lights up 1”. All blooming, Pot #1 is doing the best so far; Pot #4 barely starting to bloom.

1/8/19 - Day 41 - just 1 day shy of Week 6. Moved plants under bloom lights - all are transitioning to bloom. Soil metered “dry”. Watered with pH corrected water (1/2 tsp pH Down), 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, .5 tsp. Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom, and .5 tsp Cal-Mag.

WW Auto #2 Day 41.jpg

1/9/19 - Day 41. Major bloom stretch, moved lights up 2”. Also did some trimming of leaves blocking light from getting to understory and some buds.

1/11/19 - Day 43. Soil tested dry. Watered all with pH corrected water (.5 tsp pH Down), 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, .5 tsp. Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom.

1/14/19 - Day 46. Soil tested dry. Watered all with pH corrected water (.5 tsp pH Down), 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, .5 tsp. Grow Big, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom.

1/17/19 - Day 49 (start of week 7). Soil tested dry. Watered all with pH corrected water (.5 tsp pH Down), 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, 1 tsp Tiger Bloom. Did some trimming to get more light to developing buds.

WW Auto #2 Day 49.jpg

1/21/19 - Day 53. Soil tested “dry”. Watered all with pH corrected water (.5 tsp pH Down), 3 tsp. FF Big Bloom, .5 tsp Tiger Bloom. Pot #3 has the best buds, followed by Pots 1,4, and 2. Pots 4 & 2 look more like sativa than indica-dominant.

WW Auto #2 Day 53.jpg

1/28/19 - Day 60. All plants look ready to chop - hairs turning red, getting frosty, about half of trichomes amber. Don’t want to flush the way I’ve done before (2 gallons water, 1 gallon at a time, 1 hour apart) as it takes too long for the soil to dry out afterwards, up to 10 days, so trying 1 gallon water, 1/2 gallon at a time, 1 hour apart (pH corrected, 3/4 tsp PH Down in 1 gallon water). Also did some preparatory pruning before chopping.

White Widow Auto #2 Day 60.jpg

1/28/19 - Day 60. All plants look ready to chop - hairs turning red, getting frosty, about half of trichomes amber. Don’t want to flush the way I’ve done before (2 gallons water, 1 gallon at a time, 1 hour apart) as it takes too long for the soil to dry out afterwards, up to 10 days, so trying 1 gallon water, 1/2 gallon at a time, 1 hour apart (pH corrected, 3/4 tsp PH Down in 1 gallon water). Also did some preparatory pruning before chopping.

White Widow Auto #2 Day 60.jpg
Hell yeah!! Looks super happy and green! Congratulations on the buds! I just starting flushing myself, how long do you plan on flushing for?

how long do you plan on flushing for?

I use soil, so it's just a matter of flushing to get rid of any residual nutes. I only do it once, then let the plants go until soil is dry. Supposedly, letting the soil go very dry b/f chopping forces the plant to struggle therefore increasing resins.

Do you plan on wet trimming?

I think anything that can cause the plant stress during the last week or so of blooming will increase the resin content. Denying them light for the last three days prior to chopping will definitely cause them stress. I can't do that with my plants, as I'm running two sets of lights is a fairly large store room while staggering two grows so I have to keep at least one bank of lights on most of the time. But I could move the blooming plants to a dark closet or something - but then I'd have to deal with the smell. Just thinking out load here. If you try the "3 days of darkness" thing, I'd like to know how it works out.

Regarding trimming, I use a hybrid method, mostly just to make the trimming easier once the plant is dry. You can see from my photo taken yesterday compared with the photo taken a few days before that I've trimmed off the large fan leaves, but left some of the smaller leaves which have a lot of trichomes. Before I chop and hang, I'll basically strip the plants of anything except buds and very small leaves. The small leaves will dry up and curl around the bud, becoming part of the smoke. For those who don't care for the harsher and less flavorful (and less potent) taste of the small leaves, when dry they can be trimmed off as "shake" and make nice rolling material.

Hey @MedicalMe, just took a quick look through your journal! :ganjamon:Awesome setup and well done on growing some great plants, it looks like some nice smoke! How'd the smoke & yield turn out? I have not grown a auto since 2017.
Got a new journal going so i can check it out?? :yummy:

Back
Top Bottom