They Actually Sprouted - Giving Growing A Shot

Greentowel

hello 420

i'm a long time lurker first time poster. i've been entertained by grow journals of others so i thought i could give back.

a few days ago i had some bag seed left over. i thought "why not? i need a hobby"

i took 6 of the biggest and threw them in water and a few of them cracked. i did the paper towel method and had 4/6 grow tap roots. then into the peat pucks they go. shit 5/6 popped through the top and within a day i seen one was growing a root outside the bottom of the puck.

now we got a grow!

20160223_081011.jpg

current set up
soil- promix HP with myco... and added perlite
lamps- 2 23 watt 6500K cfl's
currently in solo cups

20160223_081722.jpg

i chose a closet in the basement room to try it out the closet is 4'X2' unpainted and open ceiling

20160223_081311.jpg

the cups are sitting in a white rubbermade tub to keep the temp and humidity up... well just the temperature
daytime high of 27C and night time low of 19C with a 18/6 light cycle

technically this is day 2 of being up in the lights i had to remove the stuck seed case on all 5 of them.

from 6 we have 5 and eventually i want 1-2 females wish me luck

i have a few questions hoping some people can give me an answer.

eventually these things will need more light i'm thinking a single mars hydro 300W LED? the closet is 4'X2' i can build any type of tent like enclosure within that

nutes? looking at advanced nutrients 3 pack PH perfect am i correct thinking 1L bottles will be enough?

how critical is humidity? when i mist them (daily) humidity goes from 40% to 70% and within a couple hours drops back

i have PH equipment on the way and have been holding out on giving them a full water until i can properly PH the water.

Not sure about your led lights you want to use in later stages. I'm a newb myself, from my experience rh is ok from 30-60% in vegitive stage, but in the flowering stage you want to keep it on the lower side of 50% as you can. I only mist my clones the first few days of there life. And I went cfl beginning to end on 2 medium sized plants and got decent nugs. I to used AN's 3 part nutes and 1l bottles will get you threw a few grows an 3-5 plants maybe more. Just start out slow with it, till you see how your girls react. And when you get in to larger pots make sure you have the root structure to use the water that bigger pots hold, to avoid over watering. I'll try and help as much as I can from my limited experience, and good luck. I hope this helps.

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom