Black Kush - First Time Growing

Micheals2016

Hey there,

So I had started a grow about a month ago with 2 bagseed plants, after tremendously messing up and causing the plants to stop growing I decided to scrap them. I decided to try again and this time I bought 20 Black Kush seeds from canadianseedbank.ca.

So here it begins, after placing the order for the seeds, they arrived 5 days later, once I got them I started germinating them in a cup of water. After about 8 hours 10 had sprouted so I took them out and placed them in paper towel to finish germinating, 14 hours later 7 more sprouted so I moved them also, for the hell of it I moved the other 3 that didn't sprout into the paper towel. After 24 hours I had 7 that had nice long taproots so I moved them to peat cups, the 3 still didnt open and I moved the other 10 also to peat cups.

Fast forward a few days and only 7 of the plants survived, some of the other seedlings broke soil but never progressed further.

So now it's been 2 weeks since the germinating process started. The 7 plants are doing pretty well.

My grow room has become 8x8 with a single 400 MH.

Re: Black Kush. First time growing.

20160622_185427.jpg
20160623_200328.jpg
20160626_230844.jpg
20160629_123821.jpg
20160629_123843.jpg
20160703_034035.jpg
20160703_070227.jpg
20160703_070234.jpg
20160703_070248.jpg

:welcome:
Congrats on starting a journal!

The following is what this site recommends so it's easier to follow journals- you already mentioned a few of these starter questions.

"Consider putting as much of the following information as possible to start the thread with.
What strain is it?
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?
Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor?
Soil or Hydro?
If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?
Size of light?
Is it aircooled?
Temp of Room/cab?
RH of Room/cab?
PH of media or res?
Any Pests ?
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used?"

Saves me and others asking:thumb:
As you've noticed, these are not easy to grow and its easier for others to help if we know what your plants environment is.
I killed 12 seedlings before starting a journal- those journaled plants wouldn't have survived either without the help I got here at 420.

Happy Growing!
:peace:

Hey there :). Thanks for the heads up, I'll answer those questions and post the newest photos of the plants. Maybe you can take a look and tell me if anything is going on?

What strain is it? - Black Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? - Indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? - Veg
If in Veg... For how long? - 2 weeks since sprout
If in Flower stage... For how long?
Indoor or outdoor? - Indoor
Soil or Hydro? - Soil
If soil... what is in your mix? - Miracle Grow Organic Choice
If soil... What size pot? - Not sure
Size of light? 400 watt MH
Is it aircooled? - Yup
Temp of Room/cab? - 26c to 28c
RH of Room/cab? - 45
PH of media or res? - 6.5
Any Pests ? - Flies (grow box being built)
How often are you watering? - 2 days
Type and strength of ferts used? -GH FloraNova Grow 7-4-10

:goodjob:
They look very healthy- fat leafed little indica babies!

I only have one concern and that is the Miracle Grow soil. If you have any way to get a marijuana friendly soil like "Fox Farm Ocean Forest" or one like it, I highly recommend changing to it. I've heard way too many horror stories about Miracle Grow soils. They have time release fertilizers and other ingredients that do not work well with these plants. Marijuana is indeed a "weed" and is very sensitive and can "claw" and burn from too much nitrogen. I start out 1/4 strength and work up when starting to feed these plants and they sometimes still claw a bit.......
Happy Growing!
:peace:

So here is an update!

The Miracle Grow soil didn't last very long, soon after being watered there seemed to be a lot of Gnats flying around. By a lot, I mean there was litterly a shit ton, I did put up about 4 of those sticky fly traps and they caught quite a bit, also a bunch of them seemed to have got sucked into my reflector but the damn things wouldn't stop coming so I ditched the MG when I transplanted to the new pots.

The new stuff I'm using is ProMix HP, after reading a lot, it seems the roots love oxygen and I figured this stuff will provide enough.
So it's been about 3 days since I've transplanted, ive also decided to attempt the main-lining idea on 4 of the plants and a little bit of LST on 2 and am leaving one alone. Everything seems to be going quite well, still a work in progress getting the room done. :)

This unfortunate girl I dropped 2 days ago, I was cleaning the grow room and knocked her over, she lost half her root ball and came completely out of the pot, this is her today on watering day.
20160710_165254.jpg

This one and another seem to be some pretty tough plants, I decided to mainline this one because she didn't even care she was dropped.

So after looking at the plants tonight, one of them had a root sticking out of the bottom side of the 2.5 gallon pot (big drainage hole on the side). I got some wet ProMix and pushed the root back into the pot, seems like I got a decent rootball on some of the babies.

So after 18 days since I last posted, here are some of the plants as of today. One thing I've learned in the past 2 weeks is, if you water your plants outside you may bring bugs back with you. :( I brought some white flies and fungus gnats back into the grow room
:(
I did get some BioMist and sprayed a bit today.

Without further adue
20160730_192347.jpg
20160730_184029.jpg
20160730_183734.jpg
20160730_182758.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom