Thinking of going with a Grow Tent

The 449 was a good choice, if you ever have to add a 400 it will also take care of that.

I would recommend LA to anyone, so far that has been in the best of the best on my list. My patients are on my ass to get it going again.. DNA and Greenhouse are my favorite breeders...

I like my tent "DR150W" and have no regrets. You will find though that the fan may be too loud for your liking in your living room. You can dampen the noise though with insulated ducting, duct muffler(s) and placing the fan in an insulated box like a igloo cooler or something. I run a 449cfm vortex and it makes noise. (similar to a large BTU window A/C unit) Some have used fan speed controllers to cut back on the fan noise but then you are reducing the cfm too.

Thanks BIrie and McBudz I plan on doing some variation of the igloo cooler and am going to use insulated ducting etc!
Good to hear about the LA Confidential BIrie might just have to order up a few of those myself!
Thanks for all the help everyone soon as my equipment comes in I will start a journal!

Good luck Smokeyjoe!
An MMJ patient shouldn't have to worry about arrest. But with the rouge DEA, and crime on the rise due to the current economic situation it's best to be cautious. Don't let them discourage you! Just be slick about it. Can't wait to see your first grow.
Once again Good Luck!

Took about 15 minutes to set up the tent and maybe another ten for the ducting etc
Been running the light and vent for about 2 hours and am recording temps of about 69 with 39% humidity.
6" active air inline fan pulling out my vented hood and a box fan that I had sitting around pushing through a passive vent.
Grabbed some FF Ocean Forest, Grow Big, and 6- 3.85g square pots.
Here are a few shots, I have some changes to make but its a work in progress if ya know what I mean! Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! I will be starting a journal once my beans arrive!

rsz_1random_set_up.jpg

rsz_set_up.jpg

rsz_set_up1.jpg

rsz_set_up2.jpg

Yeah I was running it with more than 1 vent open. I can bring the temp up by slowing down or removing the box fan.
I have been experimenting with diff numbers of passive vents open and fan speeds on the intake etc.
Atm with my box fan on low and 1 vent open the temp is 79 the Humidity is 44%

I suggest you cover the window with something light proof becasue when you open that tent at night with the lights on they'll see you're window light up real bright. Especially when you have the HPS going. Its just not a natural color light to be coming from inside a house.

Took about 15 minutes to set up the tent and maybe another ten for the ducting etc
Been running the light and vent for about 2 hours and am recording temps of about 69 with 39% humidity.
6" active air inline fan pulling out my vented hood and a box fan that I had sitting around pushing through a passive vent.
Grabbed some FF Ocean Forest, Grow Big, and 6- 3.85g square pots.
Here are a few shots, I have some changes to make but its a work in progress if ya know what I mean! Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated! I will be starting a journal once my beans arrive!

rsz_1random_set_up.jpg

rsz_set_up.jpg

rsz_set_up1.jpg

rsz_set_up2.jpg

Good times there!!

Congrats!!

Hey, how's the noise? I've been thinking of changing to a similar format (bedroom) but the thought of that light buzzing would drive me crazy, not to mention put the gf in a no-nookie kinda mood. Your input would help me a lot!

Thanks little buddy!!

Haha...my light has made a buzzing noise for some time, just looked after your comments and the heat melted the rubber on the support brackets; hence the metal on metal noise that's been emanating from my ultra double secret location, and not the light itself.

I shall consider this news and redouble my efforts!!

:thanks:

Greengo840:Yeah you get used to the fan noise its about the same as having an AC unit running.If I am watching TV while lights are on I have the volume at 25 to hear it clearly if that's any frame of reference as to noise level.

Dankme: To get a light tight seal on your tent for flower you will need to pick up a small (Roughly 6" depending on your ducting) inline fan, I will post a pic of mine. Just run ducting from the fan through the tent and draw the sleeves tight around the ducting.
The fan itself is almost silent so that's not an issue and they run about 50 bucks, well worth it.:grinjoint:

Mcbudz: I normally cover the window with a dark blanket. I had taken it down to adjust the blinds and ducting, believe me I went outside the first night to check for light leak's and rectified that issue quickly! Thanks for the advice kind sir!:cheer:
Back with a pic of the fan in a minute.
Intake_001.JPG

Intake_002.JPG

I got mine at the local hydro shop, its considered a "Booster fan".
They also sell a very similar version at Home Depot and Lowes but those tend to require being able to wire it up yourself ( like splicing it to an old extension cord or w/e) which I wanted to stay away from, electricity scares me when it runs freely through my body lol.

If you have a local hydro shop call them and ask how much a 6" booster fan runs. Im guessing right around 49-59$ depending on brand, CFM's etc.
If you don't have a local hydro store and are afraid of electricity as I am check online someplace like HTG supply just Google "Booster Fan" and it will give you a good idea and you can shop prices.;)

i am asking where i can buy a tant like this one my medical patient friend (im also a patient) told me but u know potheads cant remebr shiz
in washington state please

Back
Top Bottom