Thoughts on my DIY grow cabinet?

Ekko

I built it about a year and a half ago out of scrap ply wood.
IMG_20160717_134858.jpg

Top left: 100cfm out take fan (240v)- will about 100cfm be enough for this cab size and attaching a carbon filter to the fan?

Top-middle small fan: Small 12v pc fan for intake

Bottom right: Hole for all the cables to go through and it also acts as a passive air intake due to the negative pressure when the cabinet is closed and running.

For my first proper grow I have a lemon kush feminised seed. -Does this strain smell a lot in your experience?

I have a small 12v pc fan that I had stuck to the right side of the wall to blow air across the plants. It is not very strong, like it wont really move the plants at all but i guess it will help to move the air around in the case.

The light fixture in the middle is from a old floodlight connector (e27) with the added 4 e27 sockets. I also have 4 y adaptors which I will screw into each of the 4 sockets you see in the photo. So that will give me a total of 8 cfls. It won't be bad having them in those adaptors will it?

This also has to be 100% stealth - I cannot stress this enough. I mean 0 light leaks (is has a few), absolutely 0 smell (i will only grow 1 plant-lemon kush). That exhaust fan is REALLY LOUD, it's is from an old air hockey table. Right now it is mounter on the outside of the cab but I think mounting it on the inside will make is quieter? Also will a DIY carbon filter make it a lot quieter? It has to be silent enough that for the rare chance of a roommate opening my closet.

Also if you guys could give me any improvements I would love that.:thanks:

- Ekko

A PC fan? Really? Lol

What is wrong with a PC fan for air intake? The powerful exhaust fan creates negative pressure. So it automatically intakes air with out the PC fan, but adding the fan helps with more air flow. I don't see the problem mate.

Back
Top Bottom