Thoughts on my set-up?

Legal Hydro

Hello 420 Community!

This is my FIRST post and also my FIRST grow!

I need as much feed back as possible as I've literally never grown a single thing in my life. lol
So all feedback is greatly appreciative!
SO.. Here's the setup

Strain - Ruderalis/Indica/Sativa. Lowryder 2 x Diesel x Great White Shark
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Pre veg (4 days as of this post)
Setup - 18 gal DWC tank with a 10 gal chilled reservoir.
Light - 4 13 watt 2700k CFL bulbs (Switching to HPS in a few days)
Nutrients - HDI Ionic Grow 3-1-5
Medium - Hydroton
PPM - Unknown (Ordering meter)
PH - 6.2
RH - 50% to 55%
Room Temperature -77 to 81
Solution Temperature 50 degrees in res tank. 62f in grow tank.
Room - 5 feet by 3 feet

I will post pictures tomorrow!

Thanks for the response steph! I will be starting a journal today on this strain. Does anyone if both of my tank temps are too low?

I am a soil grower not hydro so take what ever I say with a grain of salt :) I think your PH may be a little high for hydro. I think it should be closer to 5.8. Here is a chart that shows where nutes get locked out in both soil and hydro.

rs_rs_ph_nutrient_availability.gif

Hope this helps. :peace:

Supergroomer! Thanks for the chart!:thumb: I'll be printing this off for reference. I don't have acurate PH measurements right now (Using test strips) Best PPM meter for price? Best PH meter for price?

Thanks for the response steph! I will be starting a journal today on this strain. Does anyone if both of my tank temps are too low?

I wouldn't be using 50f water in hydro. It won't kill your plants but it could stunt root growth. 62f, on the other hand is pretty near perfect. I like to keep res temps for my recirculating tables between 62.5f-65f. Some people like to run them around 70f.

I wouldn't be using 50f water in hydro. It won't kill your plants but it could stunt root growth. 62f, on the other hand is pretty near perfect. I like to keep res temps for my recirculating tables between 62.5f-65f. Some people like to run them around 70f.

iwltfum, Algae grows at 70f if I read correctly. Like I said 61f in the grow tank and 50f in the res. Technically the res could be at 40 as long as by the time in gets to grow tank its in the mid to low 60's correct?

iwltfum, Algae grows at 70f if I read correctly. Like I said 61f in the grow tank and 50f in the res. Technically the res could be at 40 as long as by the time in gets to grow tank its in the mid to low 60's correct?

Yep. Just don't forget to give the water a chance to warm up, if you're going to keep it at that temp. Subbed your journal.

Yep. Just don't forget to give the water a chance to warm up, if you're going to keep it at that temp. Subbed your journal.

Posted my current temps in my journal.. looks like my grow tank is colder than the res. not sure how that's possible turned fridge off for now probably will put it on a timer. 59f in grow tank and 61f in res. thoughts?

11713476_10204054164147107_809108279_n.jpg
11719972_10204054164227109_1315711815_n.jpg

Are these looking normal?

Looking pretty normal to me.

So far so good.. check out my journal.

Added 4 23-watt 5000k CFLs and 1 -13 watt 2700k Check out my journal below ;)

Back
Top Bottom