Three clones, three veg/flowering plants - LED vs HID

baldalicious

That's how many plants I'm allowed to grow as a registered care giver in Colorado.

I've already figured out the clone room but what I want to know is how much room do I need for the three flowering plants? I've got a corner of my basement that I plan to cordon off as my grow room. It has an already ventilated window available to run my odor control duct to. So how much room should I wall off? The ceiling is only 76" high.

And, based on that square footage, how many lights and at what wattage should I use. I've just started to do research on lights and would like to use LEDs but it seems there's a whole lot of debate about their effectiveness relative to HID. I know HID will work great but they also generate a lot of heat and will run up my electric bill substantially. It's expensive enough to heat my 100 year old house as it is.

Apparently, early LED grow lights sucked at marijuana growing but I've been reading that many growers have researched different LED configurations and have developed LED grow lights that are much better than earlier models. It may be true that LEDs still won't give the same results as HID but will the huge savings in electricity and a slightly lower yield make up for the huge costs of running mega watt HIDs and cooling fans 18-20 hours a day for two-three months?

Thoughts, anyone?

Back
Top Bottom