Three numbers definition (example 8-45-19 )

project weed

what do the three numbers mean that is on my fox farm products (example 8-45-19 ) if its already posted can you please give me the link so i can find it. :bong:thnkx

The 3 letters are Nitrogen(N) Phosphorus(P) and Potassium(K) just like you find on the periodic table of elements. These are your Primary nutrients that you feed your plants.

There are also secondary nutrients that consist of Calcium(Ca) Magnesium(Mg) and Sulfur(S). Beyond that there are the micro nutrients, also known as trace elements because only trace amounts should be used in the soil.

The Micronutrients consist of Boron(B) Copper(Cu) Iron(Fe) Chloride(Cl) Manganese(Mn) Molybdenum(Mo) and Zinc(Zn)

Now not every fertilizer is going to have all of the ingredients, with that said you don't necessarily need all of these elements if you start with a quality soil mix. If you are growing hydroponically then most of this should be covered in your nutrient solution that you mix for your res.

When you are using nutrients that you mix in your soil before planting do it as directed. If you are using a liquid solution then start your plants off on 1/4 - 1/2 strength of the directions and move up to full strength gradually.

Back
Top Bottom