Throw in the towel? 9 week dying auto in soil

MesialDrift

I’m thinking I over did nutes (especially since I’m using Happy Frog soil) which locked out the plants. I flushed a couple of weeks ago but neither really recovered. Almost every leaf has been lost or showing sickness. My pistols that were starting to show some clear trisomes have all turned brown and most have even disappeared. I’d still like to try the curing process (this is my first grow) just for practice. But I’m wondering if it’s even worth the effort at this point?

Attachments

• 45EEC66E-D34C-449D-B4C6-C2675E385FDD.jpeg
    45EEC66E-D34C-449D-B4C6-C2675E385FDD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 7A485F16-60D1-4A12-B742-D7D06F6FF54D.jpeg
    7A485F16-60D1-4A12-B742-D7D06F6FF54D.jpeg
    479.1 KB · Views: 51
  • A110CFEC-1BA3-4F99-A297-281B7C98FBAA.jpeg
    A110CFEC-1BA3-4F99-A297-281B7C98FBAA.jpeg
    992.6 KB · Views: 46
Ok your pistils turned colors that’s just a sign of maturity, but the trich heads you want to look at are not on the pistils themselves but on the calyxes. Don’t look at trichs on the fan leaves either - just the buds or calyxes. The last pic still shows fresh new yellow pistols on top of plant meaning that she is still growing buds.

Even tho plant is not growing taller the buds will continue to fatten up. You’ve got some tip burn and rust spots too but no biggie. But yeah always watch trich heads for most accurate harvest info.

Sure it’s worth the effort, granted I’ve seen prettier plants but I’ve also seen much worse too. Wait for the trichs to go cloudy or amber (or whatever your preference) and make the chop

Ok your pistils turned brown that’s just sign of maturity, but the trich heads you want to look at are not on the pistils themselves but on the calyxes. Don’t look at trichs on the fan leaves but look at the buds or calyxes. The last pic still shows fresh new yellow pistols on top of plant meaning that she is still growing buds.

Even tho plant is not growing taller the buds will continue to fatten up. You’ve got some tip burn and rust spots too but no biggie. But yeah always watch trich heads for most accurate harvest info.

You’ve just blown my mind. I thought the trichs on the pistols were the only ones I was supposed to look at. Your right the plants are not getting taller. I have noticed a little bit of whit frost showing to the naked eye the last week. So just give it more time? Thanks so much for the explanation1

Back
Top Bottom