Tincture/lotion questions: pain relief

Stansama

Hello all! I have some questions that I'm hoping you'll be able to help with. I've been a long time smoker, am new to the idea of tinctures and thc lotions. My goal is to treat pain and inflammation as I am dealing with dupuytrens disease and have painful nodules/tendons on my hands. The tendons are tightening and will eventually curl my fingers in. I read an article about cannabis infused lotion helping someone and wanted to try it out.
I've been reading about making tinctures from bud, and I grow my own so I do have access to bud, trimmings, etc. Some posts I've read suggest making the tincture through the freezer process with alcohol extraction, then boiling off the alcohol to get a more pure liquid. This can then be used to make topical lotions I believe? Other methods I've seen are more like the process I've used to make edibles, but rather than boiling into butter/oil the ground bud is heated directly into the lotion.
I'm curious who has experience with creating a pain and anti-inflammatory tincture or lotion, and what method might best serve my needs? Again my goal is mainly to treat pain, but also inflammation. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I'll page our local expert cannabis nurse, lol. @SweetSue , do you have a minute?

She might not - she just moved halfway across the country and her new (to her) house isn't quite ready yet, so things are most likely still pretty hectic in her world.

Back
Top Bottom