Tinctures

alltatup

Hello everyone:

I'd like to talk tinctures with you. I started making them in November, and they became my favorite method of intake very quickly. I never got anywhere near this high, or this quality of high with smoking or vaping. The word "recreational" isn't really part of my vocab. anymore, because for me, getting high or stoned is an essential part of the medicinal, therapeutic & spirit relationship I share with cannabis. Cannabis is my spirit guide from the world of flora.

I use the Ardent Nova to decarb leaves and buds. I have made such amazing tinctures using the trim. For me, it's much more powerful than making dry ice hash (cuz I'm just not a smoker anymore).

Here are the tinctures I've made:

TINCTURE # 1: 8 BALL: Super-sticky trim from 8 strains: Chemdawg, C99, Iced Gfruit, Lith.OGK, White Widow, Cannatonic, Blk Dom, Diamond Cookies (small amt. of last 3). Decarboxylated, Everclear and stored in freezer for 7 days. Relaxing and a kick-ass high. I added more CBD to some of it; milder, relaxing high.

TINCTURE # 2: CANA TONIC: BUD of Lithium OG Kush (THC 10-15%, CBD 1-5%), Iced Grapefruit (15%THC, mostly sativa, but highly medicinal: good for pain, relaxation, anti-depressant), and White Widow (20%+THC, DP original, very good for relaxation and pain) & a tiny bit of Cannatonic, I added more CBD isolate to some of it; milder, relaxing high--not as intense as the 8 ball.

TINCTURE # 3, CREAM:
Sticky trim from CBD Nordle, Afghan Kush, & Mazar leaves. This one's infusing away in the freezer as we write. I'm figuring this one will be good at night, for letting the mind fly free.

It sounds like you are enjoying your tinctures. I am also one that use tincture as my sole means of medication.

I've been making tinctures for about 2 years and have tried all kinds of techniques to make my tinctures.

For me I've found the freezer Green Dragon method to be the easiest, best tasting and most powerful. The method I use was devised by a guy by the name of PsychedelicSam. He started out with a process similar to yours but later revised it to reduce the processing time.
Very Cold Tincture Method - Try it, You'll like it

Basically you decarb, Put the bud and your EverClear in Freezer for 24 hours. Pour EverClear over decarbed bud and shake vigorously. Put back in freezer for 24 hours. Shake vigorously and strain. Put the bud back in the jar and add Everclear (about 1/2 the amount of the first run). Shake vigorously and leave for 24 hours in freezer then strain. The second washing increases potency by about 15%

After this I do a final filter using a coffee filter.

Finally I evaporate off about 50% of alcohol or until my desired strength is reached.

The main advantage I have found of this method is it pull less chlorophyll and is stronger than the single brewing method. The product is rather Golden in color as opposed to green.

I tried making tincture for the first time, and am not sure I did it correct. I ended up with a golden colored tincture after reducing the fifth of everclear and cannabis to about 4 fl oz. It doesn't taste like alcohol but it doesn't seem too potent! I also was left with about a gram of what looks like Rick Simpson oil with a slight green tint.

Did you decarboxylate your buds before starting your tincture? If you didn't decarb you won't get much of a high off of it.

How did you reduce your tincture. I've never had any oil left... When I reduce my tincture down i do the following -

Place tincture in a Pyrex measuring cup in a sauce pan filled with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and let the tincture evaporate down.

If not strong enough reduce from 4 ounces down to 2 ounces and give it a try.

I figured the temperature during the boil down (as i made sure it reached between 220-240deg) would decarb it. I started by covering the material in a jar then heating it up before storing it for three days then reduced. I was trying the pheonix tears method but started with a crock pot as I have a gas range but thought it wasn't hot enough,so I used the stove anyway but monitored the temp and reduction closely. I think I ended up with tincture and oil?! I reduced it in the jar on the stove like a double boiler in a pan with water. I think i'll try the frozen green dragon method you mentioned next time. Plus decarb before!

I think the decarb prior to brewing is really the important step. I usually use only bud to make tincture and my final product is about 20 mg / ml. I dose at 1/2 a ml (10 mg) sublingual. Using EverClear you know there's alcohol in it as it can burn quite a bit.

I made a batch in a magic butter machine using only trim. This batch was dark green and when I concentrated it, it was VERY OILY.

Did you decarboxylate your buds before starting your tincture? If you didn't decarb you won't get much of a high off of it.
How did you reduce your tincture. I've never had any oil left... When I reduce my tincture down i do the following -
Place tincture in a Pyrex measuring cup in a sauce pan filled with water. Bring to a gentle simmer and let the tincture evaporate down.
If not strong enough reduce from 4 ounces down to 2 ounces and give it a try.

My goal in making tincture is to preserve as much of the synergy-producing chemicals as possible, so I don't want to use any more heat than I have to. The only heat I use is the Ardent Lift decarb machine.

I reduce tincture this way: I put it in a baking pan, cover with cheesecloth to keep out dust, put a fan blowing gently nearby and open a window so the alcohol fumes disperse. I did this when it was pretty cold outside and left the pan in a spare bathroom. It reduced very nicely into thick oil.

Looks like a nice oil. How do you use it? Sorry for all the questions, I've only done Alcohol and Glycerin tinctures and never reduced them down to the point of oil.

Hi Troy, First I tried dabbing some and that worked fine, but I found I liked it better just putting some under my tongue and letting it dissolve. Much better high for me if I ingest it. That was the first time I did that, and it was exciting!!

Sounds interesting. I'm going to have to brew up a batch. I use my tincture sublingual. Love the results but can burn from the high alcohol content.
You have to dilute it to do sublingual. I always add orange juice to tincture before I hold it under my tongue, or there's no way I can hold it under my tongue!

Back
Top Bottom