Tissue Culture and Micro Propagation

Clone Farm

Tissue culture cannabis is here. I would like to know if anybody out there is using this technology even on a small scale. I know there are a few big players coming on line here in Cali. We are also working on ways to preserve some of the local cannabis genetics using tissue culture. We are in a race so save old strains before corporate cannabis controls the market. It will be with mind boggling swiftness that the corporations take control. Also we will be able to germinate very old seeds that would not pop using normal techniques like soaking or using paper towels. In 2012 Russian scientists germinated 32,000 year old seeds using tissue culture technology so do not throw away those old seeds. Let's get the conversation started. I know a bit about the subject so if you have questions ask. Also please let me know about your experiences if you tried it.

:thanks:

Can't believe there hasn't been any answer on this thread :rolleyes:
Saw this article on Instagram yesterday and I think TC is a double edge sword. As you pointed, it can really give an edge to large players (in the US and Canada) who will want to secure strains, but at the same time, if small growers have affordable access to TC, it can empower us all in our preservation effort.

Im in for the education on this one.

I've talked to some folks at conventions and stuff about this. Love and excited where tc is going. I love the idea of using it for crop improvement as mentioned in that article you linked above. I know locally, on the small scale - my grow shop has sexing services for plants based on TC. Im thinking it is anyway. Not sure of the cost which is usually the biggest problem for small growers.

Back
Top Bottom