To prune, or Not to prune

weedification

I'm 4 weeks into budding and some of the big fan leaves are yellowing and dying. I'm pretty sure this is normal because it's on only 5 or 6 leaves and the billions of other leaves are perfect. My gut tells me to just let them go as long as they have green in them so they can continue to photosynthesize. On the other hand, the plant may be spending energy trying to heal these leaves. So, should I be pruning them, or let them go till they are completely dead??

i prunde all my leafs that yellowed and my plants are fine they actual seemed to pick up on growth so i think they were waisting time tryin to fix their leafs instead of buding
hope this helps

I've tried it both ways. Doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. Trinm most all the lower stuff off to promote bud growth at the top.

i tie mine to the side bend the stem and alot of other tricks
i want buds all over not just top growth next grow i will top my plants to get even more yield

i leaf that is almost ready to be pruned should fall off with a little twist or pull. if the leaves are hard to get off then they belong on the plant still. Use your own Judgement

I like to trim all the fan/shade leaves off, it makes the under growth thicker, and IMO, promotes better air flow in and around the bud, thus helping to prevent mold. Also, fan leaves are inefficient for the plant, and produce very little photosynthesis output for the amount of energy it takes for the plant to keep them alive.
The leaves are genetically intended to shade the sex organs (the bud) and to protect them from the conditions. If you are growing indoors, there is no need whatsoever to keep the shade leaves.

Outdoors is another question, they need to be there for natures intended purpose.

^ I agree to disagree here... The fan leaves are the main functioning part of the plant. They are big so they receive the most light to keep the plant healthy and growing. If you check my grows, you will see that keeping fan leaves does not limit bud growth. They are there for a reason. People who trim all of the fan leaves off end up with smaller plants and smaller buds.

Removing dead leaves is pertinent to keep the plant moving in the right direction for bud growth. The plant does waist energy trying to fix damage or dead leaves. So pruning dead parts off or removing a dead leaf is very helpful to the overall health of the plant. ;-)

^ I agree to disagree here... The fan leaves are the main functioning part of the plant. They are big so they receive the most light to keep the plant healthy and growing. If you check my grows, you will see that keeping fan leaves does not limit bud growth. They are there for a reason. People who trim all of the fan leaves off end up with smaller plants and smaller buds.

Removing dead leaves is pertinent to keep the plant moving in the right direction for bud growth. The plant does waist energy trying to fix damage or dead leaves. So pruning dead parts off or removing a dead leaf is very helpful to the overall health of the plant. ;-)

;) it's all good, but we do indeed agree to disagree. I have had two grows, where I have religiously pruned the majority of my shade leaves, and I have had big, hedge type bushes both times, and the bud growth has been good. (except the first grow, which resulted in males. :( )

but I would certainly be willing to try it your way to test the results. :grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom