To top, or not to top? That, is the question.

ironnthunder

13032.JPG
12933.JPG
12830.JPG
12731.JPG
12555.JPG
Range from 19 to 23 inches tall at about 5-6 weeks. What do you guys think? First time outdoor grow. As you can see, they are hidden in the okra.

I personally like to top quite early, after the third or forth node. But you can top your girls too!

I would go ahead and too because training is a good way to increase your yield.

Start a journal and invite us all to follow your journey

I just did my first FIM (similar to topping) and I absolutely won't grow any other way from now on.

If you top it, or FIM it, and train the branches to grow horizontally using LST, you get huge bud sites along the tops of the branches. I'm a soil/CFL grower, and haven't noticed much stress yet, and I have FIM'ed both plants, I had a failed FIM a week before that, I have supercropped a few branches on each, lollipopped a couple lower braanches, and defoliated 2 days in a row now, with no signs of stress or slowing down.

I find it very hard to believe that u did all that growing in soil, with no signs of stress, or slowing down. But then again thats just my opnion. Now if we were talkkng about dwc thenmaybe yea, aa the growth and recovery is so mucch faster. I have a small plant in soil, which will be done in a week, has about 9-10 tops just from LST, meanwhile my other one in the bubble is about 3 times the size ;)

I find it very hard to believe that u did all that growing in soil, with no signs of stress, or slowing down. But then again thats just my opnion. Now if we were talkkng about dwc thenmaybe yea, aa the growth and recovery is so mucch faster. I have a small plant in soil, which will be done in a week, has about 9-10 tops just from LST, meanwhile my other one in the bubble is about 3 times the size ;)

Feel free to check my FIM journal and let me know your thoughts. In my experience so far, they're not doing bad at all considering the amount of training I've done.

Back
Top Bottom