Tons of legal red tape. need help regarding moving and growing.

EienRozen

I would like to start by saying I am not in a MMJ state (and I do no grow here).

I want to move to a legal Marijuana state, with the tools needed to grow, and the money to live off of while I wait. My plans are to grow it, and exchange it for "Donations for my time and labor," to dispensaries and Cannakitchens.

My problem is that every time I try to find a state to go to, I am running into the most massive flood of legal... not really a word that describes the mess.
2 states that I know of that don't require legal residency (OR & MO), don't really fit the bill. Oregon requires diagnosis by their MD's 12 months prior obtain "affirmative defense." Montana doesn't allow you to grow enough for it to matter. California MMJ laws are nothing short of heaven, but require residency, which requires 1 year and a day (Still looking for any ways around this. if anyone has any info, please help). Haven't looked into the other states exact laws and regulations... Already got a migraine from about 3 hours of reading all this legal jargon. If anyone can/will help, please do... Thanks in advance.

Perhaps you should get some growing experience before attempting to sell to dispensaries? And document it, because I assume that many of them like to know both the grower and the method (organic/inorganic, type(s) of pest-control, et cetera).

Just guessing, but the time of anyone and everyone being able to get rich off of this has probably passed, at least in CA where the medicinal cannabis program has been around for years.

Which is not to say that you cannot make a living at it, but you'd definitely want to be able to "stand out" among the competition.

And... I'm not trying to be an ass here, but if spending (only) three hours reading about the legal aspects of a profession gives you a migraine, then perhaps being self-employed - at any profession - is not for you?

@TorturedSoul

I get migraines pretty often... having laws lead to laws leading to exceptions of certain laws, leading to nothing doesn't help. For the record, you did sort of come off like an ass, and I'm a generally polite person, so it's unwarranted. I have always had a knack for growing things in general, probably because I spent more than half the time around my grandparents growing up, and they farmed throughout their lives. I spend about 10 hours a day studying a combination of general botany, hydroponics, and marijuana in general. Maybe you should troll somewhere that isn't a help forum, just saying.

No need for this thread anyways, I found the information I needed. An honest thank you to anyone that viewed this thread, and read what I posted. That was time spent attempting to help a complete stranger, and with the way things go these days, earns you nothing but respect from me.

And to further clarify, I do not aim to get rich, just do something I love. I love marijuana and the things it does for people, so it's what I want to do with my life.

Keep in mind TorturedSoul did give you very accurate advice as to the current ease-of-entry in this market. This is especially true of California. Making a legitimate living selling to dispensaries will require friends.

@TorturedSoul

I get migraines pretty often...

Me too (along with the occasional cluster-headache). And yes, I understand that stress does NOT help.

For the record, you did sort of come off like an ass

As I stated at the time, that was not my intention. Not knowing whether the people I communicate with online have thick skins, ones comparable to eggshells, or something in between, I try to do the best I can without unnecessarily sugar-coating the message and when I feel that there is a possibility that my words will be taken the wrong way (as in the above case), I often add a disclaimer so that the receipient will not be offended if his/her skin is somewhat thinner than I gave him/her credit for having;).

I do hope you made it past your perception of my words to actually read - and consider - them. Having been self-employed and (at one time) a business owner, I know from experience that dealing with paperwork/research - legal and otherwise - can be a rather large and time-consuming task, both beforehand and during the time that the business is in operation. So can <COUGH> learning not to get upset every time someone makes a statement that we do not like or agree with.

I'm a generally polite person

I try to make that assumption about everyone unless and until they prove me wrong. You were no assumption.

it's unwarranted.

You requested help. I attempted to help. I see now that it was unwelcome. <SHRUGS> If you like, I can try to remember not to respond to any future requests that you make or even add your user name to my Ignore list.

I have always had a knack for growing things in general, probably because I spent more than half the time around my grandparents growing up, and they farmed throughout their lives. I spend about 10 hours a day studying a combination of general botany, hydroponics, and marijuana in general.

Ditto, although the time I can spend reading/learning has decreased over time as my responsibilities to others has increased.

But keep in mind that having the knowledge - and even experience - in a field does NOT guarantee success in it. That goes double (if not more) if you wish to be self-employed or to run your own business. Things like having a good head for business in general, doing a LOT of research about the business aspects of the particular field that you wish to pursue, and establishing/maintaining a reputation with those you will be dealing with in that field are important too.

Maybe you should troll somewhere that isn't a help forum, just saying.

I am sorry that you felt my words were those of a troll. But, having been online since I got my first 300baud modem back in 1984 or thereabouts and having dealt with people that I didn't know personally from almost the same time via FidoNet & CompuServe and not all that much later via the Internet when I had to have an account on my local college's VAX mainframe (back when the DEC OS it used was still called VAX/VMS) to reach it & things like Gopher servers were considered cutting-edge (I miss them still), and having only been called a troll twice in all that time... I'm going to just take it in stride, lol. Again, I was trying to be helpful.

I found the information I needed. An honest thank you to anyone that viewed this thread, and read what I posted. That was time spent attempting to help a complete stranger, and with the way things go these days, earns you nothing but respect from me.

Glad you found what you were seeking.

And you're welcome:).

And to further clarify, I do not aim to get rich, just do something I love. I love marijuana and the things it does for people, so it's what I want to do with my life.

An admirable pursuit. Good luck!

Keep in mind TorturedSoul did give you very accurate advice as to the current ease-of-entry in this market. This is especially true of California. Making a legitimate living selling to dispensaries will require friends.

Thanks, lol. Yeah, it seems that the gold rush has come and gone, although the industry is not without opportunities even now.

With a mailing address and passing the drivers exam and 26 bux CA. is easy too establish residency.
With that and your doctors recommendation your set.

I don't believe you'll need that YEAR living there to be legal. For student aid and school purposes, yeah.

Back
Top Bottom