Too dry after 8 days?

tucker99

My first grow and I jarred by buds. I put a RH meter one of the jars are I'm getting 57% RH. I though 62 was ideal by I'm reading that some guys think that is too wet so I may not be too dry. With that RH is there any reason to open the jars to burp? Are we still looking at about 2-weeks for a good cure? Thanks guys!

Hi tucker99

Dryness is a personal choice, and the usual range of satisfaction is between 62-70%. I think a little longer than 2 weeks is optimal for curing, I prefer > 90 days myself. At 57% RH you should still be able to get some cure, but I'm thinking you might not have enough moisture left for a full 90 day cure. I haven't seen much change in buds jarred below 60% after 90 days. Eight days is about right for dry time.

Best of Buds

JB

Thanks JB. I'm reading about guys that put orange peels, wet paper towels, lettuce, etc in their dry weed to add moisture. What is your opinion of this? What's really ironic is my trim is still paper-bag drying a week after I jarred the buds! Just checked this morning and the RH meter in the bag is showing 78% RH. Wasn't expecting hanging buds to dry that much quicker than bagged trim.

QUOTE=JBUptown;2702821]Hi tucker99

Dryness is a personal choice, and the usual range of satisfaction is between 62-70%. I think a little longer than 2 weeks is optimal for curing, I prefer > 90 days myself. At 57% RH you should still be able to get some cure, but I'm thinking you might not have enough moisture left for a full 90 day cure. I haven't seen much change in buds jarred below 60% after 90 days. Eight days is about right for dry time.

Best of Buds

JB[/QUOTE]

Back
Top Bottom