Too Many Plants

nhtoker

Going for the sea for green thing in my small ( 3x3x4) garage box. I planted 10 MI5 auto / blue berry cross, Thing is that now that they are into flowering some of the plants are not getting any decent light ( 400 HPS w/cool tube) . THe others are blocking it. My sea of green is working fine as these plants are rocking. I could rotate the plants but some would still be in the shadows. I am thinking of relocating two or three to an outside spot hopping that the extra light will bulk them up even more. So for the big question...My lights are running 6pm to 6 am but I want to move some plants outside ( plants are in grow bags ) . DO I give them a really long day or a really long night to get them on the natural lighting schedule?

Longer dark period to catch up in flower. But be very careful taking them outside because they wont be acclimatized and may suffer some stress because of the change in temp, humidity, intensity etc.

Maybe consider hanging some additional CFL from the room in the areas that are seeing some dark spots?

Best of luck!

I run 4 plants in my 3x3x6 tent and if they are not "well groomed" they take over the tent. I have three in there right now (Just chopped one.) Here is a pic.
20150605_071325_resized.jpg

I give them a good "haircut" (sorry that is the "groomer" part of Supergroomer :) ) I lets a lot more light get to them. I will trim them in veg as long as I am not flipping them for a couple weeks atleast. I flower I trim them around day 25 (after most of the stretch) and then again around day 40-45 if they need it. I find it really opens up the lower parts to the light and the growing energy focuses on the buds.

20150605_072843_resized.jpg
20150605_072857_resized.jpg

:peace:

Pigeon, Thats about what I was thinking. Too many hours of light is not really good for plants that are in flower. A longer night would be better. You also have a good point about "hardening" the plants. They are not use to the sun, wind and rain. I would simply add more light but I don't think I can cram another light in that box. I will try to post a pic. Its kinda crazy in there.
I wish I had an extra two feet SG. Yours are looking good. I have been defoiling them and it does help. I also did some serious LST on them and that was great for awhile but its just too crowded in there at this time. Thanks, NH

Well SG you have motivated me to revisit the grow box. I re positioned the plants and trimmed the heck out of them while I was at it. There is definitely more light now to everything. They have been in flower for five to six weeks. Some of the stems are kinda "woody" but they still can be manipulated to a better position. Things got busy last night but I will take a pic this evening so you can check out the defoiling and LST going on in the box.

Back
Top Bottom