Too Many Products

roymac

I'm finding it really difficult to understand all the different ferts and
how much of one and how much of the other and when to change from one
to the other....... its got me really doubting my intelligence lol.
I need to know if one type of fert can be used for
entire grow, without having to add other ingredients to the mix? :peace:

Just a simple but substantial diet for the plants to
grow and yield a fair harvest. "SIMPLE" being the
operative word lol.

Thanks for reading this and any comments or advice will be appreciated.

It is important to know if you are doing soil or soilless? If soilless - are you planning on doing Coco? Drain-To-Waste, Ebb and Flow vs recirculating can also make a difference in fertilizer recommendations.

There is a link in my signature to a whole collection of nutrient plans that only require the basic Grow, Micro, and Bloom available from GH, AN, or several others. The charts and spreadsheets contain usage information and costs. May help to demistify things for you a little.

Don't be afraid of using a good three part formula - they are well used, understood, and very cheap. If you want simple - I would suggest using the Lucas Formula as you only mix together water, micro, and bloom at one ratio for the entire grow.

:goodluck:

Im a soil grower and I've tried most of them. I've had as good of luck with 2 products as I have with all of the multiple bottles of fert regimens out there. Do a search for K.I.S.S. keep it simple... I recommend either Maxi-Bloom or Veg+Bloom start to finish. Both produce excellent results. The only thing I've found with the Maxibloom is that I do end up needing to add Cal-Mag and I alao use molasses throughout the grow to feed the mycorhizzae. The Veg+Bloom is morenof a one part feed and doesnt require anynother additives.

Go to the plant and bud photo forum and look at my "random medical flower" post. Those were all done on a one part fert regime. I couldnt ask for better results bud.

Go to the plant and bud photo forum and look at my "random medical flower" post. Those were all done on a one part fert regime. I couldnt ask for better results bud.

I have looked at the Veg+Bloom before - I was even given free samples to try.

I like the concept of a single "source" for all nutrients.

But the issue I see is that this has sufficient nitrogen for veg, but way too much for bloom. The suggestion that I saw was to increase pH to 6.2 during the flowering cycle to take out the extra nitrogen... Just curious if you did this or just ran elevated levels of nitrogen the whole way?

I have looked at the Veg+Bloom before - I was even given free samples to try.

I like the concept of a single "source" for all nutrients.

But the issue I see is that this has sufficient nitrogen for veg, but way too much for bloom. The suggestion that I saw was to increase pH to 6.2 during the flowering cycle to take out the extra nitrogen... Just curious if you did this or just ran elevated levels of nitrogen the whole way?

The other problem is that the increased nitrogen will cause the plant to stretch mightily during the first three weeks. To avoid stretch, you should knock the nitrogen down at the beginning of flowering.

When you used the one part - did you notice additional stretching?

There's nothing wrong with the amount of nitrogen in it. Unless you don't like healthy green plants. If you want your leaves to turn yellow and fall off quit feeding 3 weeks before harvest and give it a good flush.

Actually, you are correct. I don't like healthy green plants after senescense. I don't like fluffy buds from too much nitrogen. And I don't like the plants to touch the ceiling due to too much stretch - that is the reason that I asked the questions.

And I would love to just use a single, one part nutrient formula.

But the nitrogen levels are way in excess of what you need for a green, healthy plant. Feeding extra nitrogen is a waste and an environmental issue. I would prefer to avoid it if possible.

I will also note that you didn't answer a single one of my questions. You simply made an assertion without any apparent backing. I am looking for facts and experience - not assertions.

Ive never seen a VB grow that had any of those issues. If that worries you go the MaxiBloom route. Personally I think VB is nothing but awesome.

I forget the guys name but the dude that makes V+B will happily explain his product to you. It is formulated specifically for MJ start to finish. Do a search on it and check out the grows. The results dont lie man.

Back
Top Bottom