Too Much Or Too Little Light?

Tent: 12X24X76
Plants: 3 SSHaze, Bubblegum, Bubblicious in 5gal plastic bags
Soil: Ocean Forest
Nutes: FoxFarm Trio
Lights: Apollo MH 6500K - 55,000 lumens /HPS 2700K - 87,000 lumens
CFL 's: (8) 25w 100Watt T2 Philips
Fans: (2) Below and above plants

I'm trying to figure out the rules of lighting, and in this case I wanted some feedback on what I'm doing.

The lights I'm vegging with (sans the HPS) adds up to 67,800 lumens. I'm not using the reflector shield on MH, because it doesn't fit in the tent.

Is this too much or too little light? Is this determined by the lumens or is there another/better method?
Given the HPS is 87,000 lumens, do I even need to add any CFL's?
Should I maybe keep the CFL veg lights in there to balance out the HPS?

Thanks in advance!

Your in a 12" wide by 24" long tent with a 600w hid ? Or are you just thinking about it

A rule of thumb is for HID's 50w sq.ft minumum ( for a good sized harvest ) and 100w maximum / the point of diminishing returns.

Leds its suggested 35w sq. ft to be the min. With 100w also the max. I like to use 65w sq. ft

With lighting its good to be in the sweet spot or medium high more then the max tolerable

Those are good guidelines for you

Your in a 12" wide by 24" long tent with a 600w hid ? Or are you just thinking about it

A rule of thumb is for HID's 50w sq.ft minumum ( for a good sized harvest ) and 100w maximum / the point of diminishing returns.

Leds its suggested 35w sq. ft to be the min. With 100w also the max. I like to use 65w sq. ft

With lighting its good to be in the sweet spot or medium high more then the max tolerable

Those are good guidelines for you

Thanks. It's the tent I'm using because of its height. I agree with you on sq ft minimum, so I think I'm going to hit Amazon and see if I can get a larger tent. I wanted to scrog, so with three plants, and all this illumination, it seems like a good investment.
Thanks again:)

I just purchased a 48X48X80 Apollo tent from Amazon! It'll be here on Sunday. I'm not going to take down the other tent unless I absolutely have to, and right now, with my setting up 8 clones, I think I'm on my way to becoming a two-tent gardener!

Thanks, LEDBud. You brought common sense at a time that coincided with my paycheck. Woohoo!:)

Back
Top Bottom