Topping

I'd top when the plant has atleast 3 nodes. Some people prefer to top when the plant has developed 3,4,5 or 6 plus but I'd wait until it has atleast 3 nodes which is early in its life. The sooner in its life, the faster it will recover and it will start to Bush out essentially in the way u want it to grow.

Depends on how you plan to train your plants. For most styles I'd wait until 5 nodes. By then plant is starting to grow more vigorously and can handle the stress better. For scrog I do it no later than 5 nodes to have room to train under net but still have several strong branches to train up to canopy.

Wait until the plant has 5 fingered leaves. Then you can go bananas. Remember topping will slow the plant for up to a week and more. Good side lightning is recommended for proper topping and offshoots. Not needed at all though. I top my girls 3+ times for 8+ main stems. You can clear the bottom leaves and offshoots. Or not. I do. You can make the plant look as you please.

P10001252.JPG

P10002564.JPG

P10003042.JPG

P10003312.JPG

P10003232.JPG

I remember starting mine from seed. In begining it was lot of root action and not much on top. But within a few or couple weeks they had a growth spurt. Once established in pot somewhat they gonna start to grow. If I could go back I would have topped them a couple days after they started the growth above ground that was much more than before.

So once growth above ground takes off. Around week 2,3 or so for me in coco is when I would have done.

Sent from my iPhone using 420

Back
Top Bottom