Total Darkness for Total Dankness? Moonlight? Does it need 100% dark?

GrowGrowGrow

ok I was worried about having my window open because California doesn't have 12 full hours of darkness yet.

But I've planned my light timer around the sunrise and sunset times for the next couple months. I figured 6:30-6:30 would be best. But it doesn't get completely dark until about 7:00 right now. The Sun is coming up at about 6:40 so I'm good there.

Anyway, I then thought about how outdoor plants get moonlight all night and they get big as hell!

They are getting a lot of darkness but I've heard of people claiming that the small indicator light on the smoke detector messed up his crop(sounds like an excuse for bad growing conditions).

What do you guys think?

Your light schedule is safe with the sun coming down at 7pm and your light turned off at 6:30pm. Your plant can have 12-14 hrs of light and still remain in bloom. Since the light is gradually dimming it will be more natural like outdoor grow while remaining indoor.

Your light schedule is safe with the sun coming down at 7pm and your light turned off at 6:30pm. Your plant can have 12-14 hrs of light and still remain in bloom. Since the light is gradually dimming it will be more natural like outdoor grow while remaining indoor.

K cool, yeah I actually just read that 14 hours will trigger bloom in my cannabis grow bible.

They seem to be doing great!

K cool, yeah I actually just read that 14 hours will trigger bloom in my cannabis grow bible.

They seem to be doing great!

I checked out some of your pics and you got a nice grow going on there :thumb:

They seem to be doing great!.... No! They are doing great. :welldone:

Be confident and let that confidence flow into your girls. I'm looking forward to seeing them in full bloom.

As 12 pointed out. Already flowering Cannabis will remain in flower with less than 12 hours of darkness. Most strains will also begin flowering outdoors with about 11 hours of darkness. Some strains even less. Here in California outdoor grows go into flower starting around mid-August.

We've only got a couple of more weeks before the equinox (09/23), so you shouldn't have a problem if you live in the northern hemisphere.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Back
Top Bottom