GGG's Querkle - J1 - Fire OG and Bubba Kush 2000w 5 Gallon DWC SCROG

GrowGrowGrow

Hello and Welcome to my grow!

Just so you know, feel free to ask questions, don't worry about stealing my thread, smoke as much bud as you can while you are viewing this and enjoy!

First off, here's a picture of a dank Space Bomb bud that is in my bloom room.
IMG_042412.JPG

Ok now on to the boring shit!
Some Buckets
IMG_0474.jpg

An Air Pump
IMG_0475.jpg

Some Rocks
IMG_0476.jpg

Some Little Air Stones
IMG_0480.jpg

J1(a) exactly 2 weeks after getting cut.
IMG_0482.jpg

J1(b) 2 weeks from cut
IMG_0483.jpg

A sad Fire OG 2 weeks from cut
IMG_0484.jpg

J1(c) 2 weeks from cut
IMG_0485.jpg

Bubba Kush(a), believe it or not, she has some roots that were 12inches long when I pulled her out of my cloner that was filled with perlite. 2 weeks from cut.
IMG_0486.jpg

Bubba Kush(b) 2 weeks from cut today
IMG_0487.jpg

Those are all under a Hydrofarm T5 392watt fixture. The next plants here are under a 192watt fixture with another ~200watt fixture right next to it.

The 2 on the left are Fire OG, the 2 in the middle are Querkle and the 2 on the right side in the black bags are some Blue Dream clones
IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0490.jpg

Fire OG right in the middle
IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

Re: GGG's Querkle, J1, Fire OG and Bubba Kush 2000w 5gal DWC SCROG

Ok, so the cages that the plants are in are really just to train them and keep them at the size that I want them to be when I put them into flowering. I may keep the cage and move it with them into the flowering room, but I need to transplant those Fire OG clones before I do such a thing!

Those are the last plants that I'll be running in Sunshine Mix 4. I loved hydroponics the first time I did a ghetto ebb n flow and I don't know why I settled on soil in bags, fuck that, never again.

If I like the buckets, I'll slowly make my way towards having 24 total DWC buckets, 12 in the flower room and 12 in the veg room.

Now I just need to figure out how the hell I'm going to make a modular SCROG unit.

oh yeah, and I plan on wrapping the buckets in black plastic.

It's on my list of things to do, just not at the top ;)

I fucking broke my PPM reader today. Just as I was thinking about how happy I was to have one, I dropped it into a bucket of water and it stopped working. Maybe if I put it in some rice it'll come back. Either way, I need a new ppm reader or I need to fix mine ASAP

I just found out about "doubled's mpb buckets"

it looks very complicated, expensive and it seems like it requires tweaking and perfecting everything over time.

Maybe someday I'll grow 8 pound indoor plants like that guy.

hey GGG. first off props on that super dank lookin bud. that thing looks amazing. and that's a very ingenuitive scrog design. i've never seen someone use a cage thing like that. i am considering a 5 gal dwc scrog but i was wondering wouldn't that make it hard to change the reservoirs without some kind of system connecting them to one large res? do you just use a pump to pump out the water and pump new nute solution in one at a time or what? and do you change the reservoirs once a week or what? also sorry if i missed it but what kind of nutes are you using? i saw what looks like some botanicare cal/mag but i didn't see anything about your nutes. thanks for posting this and good luck! :thumb:

hey GGG. first off props on that super dank lookin bud. that thing looks amazing. and that's a very ingenuitive scrog design. i've never seen someone use a cage thing like that. i am considering a 5 gal dwc scrog but i was wondering wouldn't that make it hard to change the reservoirs without some kind of system connecting them to one large res? do you just use a pump to pump out the water and pump new nute solution in one at a time or what? and do you change the reservoirs once a week or what? also sorry if i missed it but what kind of nutes are you using? i saw what looks like some botanicare cal/mag but i didn't see anything about your nutes. thanks for posting this and good luck! :thumb:

Hey thanks for checking out my grow!

I actually was using the cage to elevate the plants, but then I realized I could take a few things out and put the plants under there just to help bush them out and keep them all at the same height before I flower. I'm still not sure if I want to keep a screen on them or just let them stretch out for flower.

Yeah, scrogging a DWC will definitely require that I have a way to drain them without moving them. For right now, I plan to change the water manually each week by getting a separate bucket and putting the plant in there while I change out the nutrients. (take plant and lid off of bucket A and put the plant into bucket B while you clean out and refill bucket A).

I thought I mentioned the nutrients but I must have forgotten lol.
I'm trying out Advanced Nutrient's Jungle Juice 3-part. It's like half the price of GH's grow - micro - bloom and AN made is so I'm sure it's reliable.

When I get to flower I use a bit more than the base nutrient.

But yeah, I need to figure out how I'm gonna drain them and refill them. I also need to get a chiller to keep my water at 62-65F so that I don't get any root problems.

Thanks again for stopping by!

yeah for sure. i'll be watchin your grow to see how the jungle juice works. i haven't read any other journals where they're using it and i almost used that for my first grow because of its simplicity and affordability. i'm using earth juice's original line with hi-brix and hygrozyme and i like the results but i have to mix it up 24 to 48 hours in advance which is a major pain since i have so many different things going on. can you move a plant around once you start intertwining it in a scrog? i assumed the plant and screen would have to stay stationary but i haven't tried it. good luck figuring out your res. refill system and res. temp thing

yeah the plants in the cages are being trained as soon as they pop through the screen so that I can still pull them out if I need to. I might build a screen for them to flower in, I might leave them in the cages and that might work too, I'm not sure lol.

Why do you have to mix it 1-2 days beforehand?

yeah the plants in the cages are being trained as soon as they pop through the screen so that I can still pull them out if I need to. I might build a screen for them to flower in, I might leave them in the cages and that might work too, I'm not sure lol.

Why do you have to mix it 1-2 days beforehand?

because it lowers the pH below 4.0 when i mix up the solution and it adjusts on its own after a couple days of bubbling and its also supposed to help the benificial microbes and bacteria or something like that grow and develop in the solution to help your root hairs be able to absorb nutes better. if i mix it up and just put a bunch of pH up in it, the pH ends up being way too high over the next couple days and i have to add a bunch of pH down. so i would rather just wait, but it would be better yet to not even have to do anything other than mix it up and pH it

hmm, i need a ph pen thing because I hate the little science kit version where you get a sample of the nutrient solution, put it in a vial thing, put a couple drops of magic into it and it changes color and you have to match up the color.

horrible sentence to read but i'm sure you get it lol.

I should test my ph today before i change the nutrients in the buckets and see if it changed over the past week.

Oh and thank god it's getting colder in my grow room. I felt the temp of the water the other day and it was warm as fuck! I couldn't believe it. So I aimed my inline fan(that sucks cold air from outside) into my veg room and now the water is nice and cold :) and thankfully my flower room is staying cold without the fan now. It drops to 58 in my flower room and gets up to 74, same thing with my veg room now so I'm happy with that.

When the water's warm I get super nervous that root problems are about to start fucking my day up.

Oh and right now I'm smoking on some early harvested white widow (7weeks) and it is super strong and dank already! unflushed, uncured, hardly even dried all the way (I like to dry until you can snap the stem. If I can't snap the stem, it ain't dried all the way for me.)

It's really astonishing the difference it makes by waiting one more day to dry all the way. When I smoke some bud that can't be snapped, it always has that 'wet' smell to it and not really a 'dank' smell. Until I start breaking it up, then it smells pretty good. But if I can snap the stem and I break it up, all the bud gets stuck to my fingers and it stinks up the room with dank.

plus it gets some moisture back when you start curing it.

I actually never get a chance to cure my bud all the way. It's typically dank as fuck once it's dry all the way. I wish I could get a chance to cure some bud without going sober lol

This is the J1 that was in the 2Liter from my previous grow. She's at about 8 weeks, and I'm taking her to 9.
IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

Looks dank eh?
She smells like lemons and sour patch kids. This shit is nose candy. I bet she tastes great too! Can't wait to try it out!

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

Next up, I'd like to show you the Fire OG ex-mother-plant that will be getting put into flower since 15/16 of her last clones didn't root. :( Can you believe that? I think it was because she had some seriously purple nutrient-deprived stems and I should only be cloning from fresh green shoots. Stupid me. Oh well, I don't need that much Fire OG anyways. I'd like to fill up my space with that J1 (at this point, I haven't tried the Querkle yet).

Enough with the words, here's some pictures: oh yeah, this is Day 1 of Flowering
IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

IMG_0549.jpg

IMG_0546.jpg

Ok ok ok ok ok ok.
So as you can clearly see, I've tied her down many many many times. I spent about an hour this morning carefully positioning each stalk so that the canopy is somewhat even and obviously, to increase my yield.

I'm really curious to see what happens if I put that one plant under my 1000watt hps. If any experienced grower is looking at this, do you think I could pull a pound+ from this plant if properly fed and taken care of? I've never grown a huge plant before.

Also!
I was thinking it might be a good idea to tie her down one more time after one week of flowering. She is a stretcher, and I am aiming to have this one plant fill up my light footprint. I feel like if I tie her down one week into flowering, I'll end up with a wider plant that will yield more.

And finally, here are my next plants that will be going into flower in about a week or so.
IMG_0534.jpg

On the left is Fire OG, the middle is Querkle, and the right is Blue Dream.

If anyone is curious, the medium I'm using is recycled sunshine mix and perlite at about a 1:3 ratio.

The big Fire OG is in 1:4 peat moss to perlite.

Umm. They are all on the Jungle Juice from AN.

Uhhh, oh yeah! there's also 6 seedlings of Raspberry Kush that came from some verrryyy tasting buds. Who knows, I may get a good pheno.

I'll probably take clones off of each plant before they go into flowering.

Smoke weed everybody!

plants are looking great man. :goodjob: and about putting that one plant under the 1000W, i think that light should be good for about a 6' x 6' area, depending on your hood and mount height, so i don't think putting that one plant under it would be an efficient use of light, but you could veg. it for longer and get it huge(r) before you flower it to make it more worthwhile... i am not an experienced grower though but thats just my 2 cents from what i've read and limited experience

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am reporting this to be moved to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom