Total Newb. Any Help Is Appreciated

DarkAsylumn

Hey guys I just want to start off by saying that this site is amazing. the detail on the information, the willingness for everybody to help everybody else. I would also like to thank everybody who has posted in the forums, as I have been spending 6-8 hours a day reading over the forums and I have to say its a lot of useful information, if you can figure out a system to remember what bookmark you put the information under lol.

I am starting to see a problems with my babies

Strain - Bagseed
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Grow Stage - Flower/ seedling
Setup - aeroponics
Light - 6 27 watt 5500 clf 4 27watt 2700
Nutrients - none at the moment
Medium - none
PPM - <100 with vinegar for ph down
PH - 6-7.5
RH - low
Room Temperature -78 to 84
Solution Temperature -65 to 72
Room Square Footage - 5.1
Pests - None Known
Water Timer - 15-20 secs on 15-20 mins off

they are kinda droopy and the leaves are kinda crispy they doth break or crease just feel dry. I am pretty sure that it is from my humidity being way low but want to make sure I am not under-watering. Their root system looks very healthy and white, they all have lots of roots. I wave a sponge in a cup of water and several sopping wet sponge pieces in there adding humidity. but am still having problems.

10014.JPG
10516.JPG
11615.JPG

thank you guys for all the help.

Thank you for your reply. I love your scrog grow and your ability to "stealth" out anywhere. I like your wash room grow. I couldnt see it was there till you removed a panel nice. I need to find a small humidifier. as thats all the room I have

Hey guys I just want to start off by saying that this site is amazing. the detail on the information, the willingness for everybody to help everybody else. I would also like to thank everybody who has posted in the forums, as I have been spending 6-8 hours a day reading over the forums and I have to say its a lot of useful information, if you can figure out a system to remember what bookmark you put the information under lol.

Strain - Bagseed
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Setup - aeroponics
Medium - none
PH - 6-7.5
RH - low
Pests - None Known

they are kinda droopy and the leaves are kinda crispy they doth break or crease just feel dry. I am pretty sure that it is from my humidity being way low but want to make sure I am not under-watering. Their root system looks very healthy and white, they all have lots of roots. I wave a sponge in a cup of water and several sopping wet sponge pieces in there adding humidity. but am still having problems.

10014.JPG
10516.JPG
11615.JPG

Hey D A i'm new on here also and would totally have to agree with you on this is a truely awesome cash of knowledge here at 420 mag :goodjob: guys on keeping the tricks of the trade alive and having a open ear for all the newbs (me included) running into problems with their ladies!

IMO your little ones look pre good..I dont know a whole bunch about aero set ups but i do know that hydro will do best within 5.5-6.5 and that you might run into nute lock outs if you let it go too far out of this range, tho it is good to let it wander within these limits as differant nutes have differant absorb rates at differant ph levels.

I have also heard that using 'other' stuff to adjust ph in hydro is not the best idea (i have successfully started and grown seeds for like ten days or so planted derectly in rockwool cubes in a DWC setup using lemen juice to lower my ph so im not sure that its THAT bad), and that adjustments of over 1.0 ph should be done spread over the day.

I think your the right track fersho tho :tokin: i would increase RH, maybe mist the foliage couple times a day, and tinker around with increasing watering intervals (maybe 10 sec on 10 min off?) Adding a humidifier will add to your temp and adding on to the temps you got already might not be too hot lol of an idea (well unless you add some co2) Tulip has a REALLY good thread on here about DWC im not sure if you have read this, but it has some good ideas that apply to just about all grows, im blabbn a little bit here lol :tokin: but yeah jes gotta few ways to increase RH without the temp increase such as rolling up wet towels and lay them in between yer babys.

IMO in hydro (for the most part) if your roots are in good health your good to go, you got it dude! Feel free to stop by my thread with any comments or ideas (I dont have any pics up..lame) The name on it is Holy! they lived!!? it did say somethin else hahaa but it got edited..wuups!

:goodluck::peacetwo:

Strain - Bagseed
# of Plants - 4
Grow Type - Hydro
Setup - aeroponics
Medium - none
PH - 6-7.5
RH - low
Pests - None Known

10014.JPG
10516.JPG
11615.JPG

Hey D A i'm new on here also and would totally have to agree with you on this is a truely awesome cash of knowledge here at 420 mag :goodjob: guys on keeping the tricks of the trade alive and having a open ear for all the newbs (me included) running into problems with their ladies!

IMO your little ones look pre good..I dont know a whole bunch about aero set ups but i do know that hydro will do best within 5.5-6.5 and that you might run into nute lock outs if you let it go too far out of this range, tho it is good to let it wander within these limits as differant nutes have differant absorb rates at differant ph levels.

I have also heard that using 'other' stuff to adjust ph in hydro is not the best idea (i have successfully started and grown seeds for like ten days or so planted derectly in rockwool cubes in a DWC setup using lemen juice to lower my ph so im not sure that its THAT bad), and that adjustments of over 1.0 ph should be done spread over the day.

I think your the right track fersho tho :tokin: i would increase RH, maybe mist the foliage couple times a day, and tinker around with increasing watering intervals (maybe 10 sec on 10 min off?) Adding a humidifier will add to your temp and adding on to the temps you got already might not be too hot lol of an idea (well unless you add some co2) Tulip has a REALLY good thread on here about DWC im not sure if you have read this, but it has some good ideas that apply to just about all grows, im blabbn a little bit here lol :tokin: but yeah jes gotta few ways to increase RH without the temp increase such as rolling up wet towels and lay them in between yer babys.

IMO in hydro (for the most part) if your roots are in good health your good to go, you got it dude! Feel free to stop by my thread with any comments or ideas (I dont have any pics up..lame) The name on it is Holy! they lived!!? it did say somethin else hahaa but it got edited..wuups!

:goodluck::peacetwo:

I am using a CAP ART-DNe adjustable recycle timer. I now have phdown am am getting the ph regulated only adding small amounts of it to slowly bring it down. should I try and get the ph somewhat within reasonable numbers before I start nuteing them. or go ahead and start the nutes then worry about the wayward ph?
Thank you all for your responses I look forward to hearing more input.

I would agree with H A Your number 7 does look like it ready for 1/4 strength nutes as it looks like some of your lower leaves a starting to yellow.

Hanna makes a good quaility ph meter..I have a hanna ph/ppm combo meter that works very good only thing i don't like about it is the ppm reading limit is only 2000 and I have reached this limit at about 80% veg nutes so you can't really rely on the ppm to monitor and judge how much of the nutes are being used in relation to the water. Not a huge deal as you have a good idea as to how your plants are doing at this stage anyway just by their general apperance. :morenutes: :headbanger: good luck dude dont go with out the meter too long! :goodluck:

well I want to say thank you guys my babies have survived my care for another week and its all because of you guys
12415.JPG
13012.JPG
12325.JPG

12613.JPG

12712.JPG

12913.JPG

changed res tonight 1/2 strength this time

just started 3rd week of nutes on wed night, today they look like this wow.

ok so obvious problem 6 of the 6 tap rooted seeds took hold and grew wow talk about beginners luck lol. not suppose to happen planed on 3-4 but as problems go this is a good one to have. anywho I started some type of lst form. lightly bent the branches hooked a wire over it and secured it to the lid, just to try to give them all enough time to mature enough to pull clones, so I can see who can stay and who's gotta go. my question is This lst is very light will it harm it at this late of growth about a month old give or take germ date. and what undergrowh trimming should I be doing. I have read and searched but there is nothing definitive on this. thank you and now on with the new growth lol

edit
the plant in pics are of #5
15315.JPG
14313.JPG
15011.JPG
15122.JPG
14911.JPG

Back
Top Bottom