Transfering indoor to outdoor

CanadianGanjaLova

420 Member
Question for the pros: I am currently on week 4 of veg. Growing 5 strains indoor in 3 gallon pots. My plan is to transfer them to 15 gallon pots which I will transfer to my outdoor greenhouse. Current cycle indoor is 18/6.

I have slowly hardened the ladies. So my question is, when I transfer them to the greenhouse should I slowly adjust my daylight setting in the tent? I am affraid of them going into flower prematurely. Any tips are greatley appreciated

It's possible. I have seen some plants do it and some plants don't. Some people will leave a floodlight or something outside until June when the days start to get shorter.

This year, I only let the plants get natural sun, so they recognize the growing days and wont flower on me. I do bring them inside, but I shut lights off when the sun goes down to match the time.

Hope this helps,

It is a bit hit or miss. I brought some indoor plants outside last year and both started shooting out some pistils, but didn't shift entirely into flower, while my neighbour went through a full shift and reveg.
There are a lot of people on here who have gone through that and have decided to slowly shorten the lights on period to try to match outdoors. Like 5 minutes a day, or 30 minutes every week.
I just use 15/9 as my indoor schedule for plants I intend to move outdoors now.
Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom