Transplanting to new grow medium: Coco Perlite 70/30 mix, need help please

Zayah

Do all Coco perlite mixes have to have cal mag added to them because of the coco ? I read that they do something that causes the medium to lack it, but where i get confused at is whether I have to add it to my Mother Earth Coco perlite 70/30 mix before I transplant my plant and if its mostly for the medium and not so much my plant, needing it am I supposed to add it to my feeding schedule ? And if that’s the case do i add it before my nutrients in the water its self? Or am i supposed to soak the mix with it and then add my nutrients to the water and then add it to my mix.
I had thought i was supposed to run the mix i had like they were explaining the coco medium so i did and then put my plant in there. After watching a video of someone mixing the nutrients i remembered that there is an order everything needs to go in and if not done correct then some key components will be locked out. They added their cal mag to their water but I wasn’t sure if i had messed up by not adding it to my nutrients. I will be hand watering if I stil choose to go in this direction and this go around I made the nutrients, I recorded my baseline TDS which was 0 because i was using distilled, I have well water and has a TDS of a little over 100 and to make things easier the feeding schedule i was following with RO water and i didnt want to go over my ppm that the poor seedlings could handle because I have an extra 100 from the begging This was thins morning and I tried hard to understand the whole RUN off deal because not gonna lie when I got ready to feed I looked at the big pot and my small plant and wondered that since I knew the general area the roots were at that if I could just water around the plant It would get fed regardless if they whole medium was wet, so ive used 10 ml syringe it and just taking up the nutrient solution from it and putting it in the soil all around where I thought the roots would come out t t. I did that with every other time and used water to feed with the next time. Today doing my first feeding schedule my solution had a PPM of 690 and ph of 5.4. Now with the RUN OFF This is where i get confused, i get that your supposed to poor it through but how much do you need to come out the bottom before able to stop? I feel like I had overwatered again because I got like maybe 3 small Shot glass cup full of run off and the medium feels to full for the plant but I could never find out how much exactly were supposed to poor through our medium to let run off before we do our test to seee how much of our nutrients made it through the medium (thats what this does I didnt know if that 1gal of nutrient soliton was supposed to last all week, becasue my nutrient schedule calls for a flush once a week? Anyone else have to do it that much ? I thought maybe once every two weeks would of worked but Dakine420 feeding schedule has me doing it once a week unless i do expert feeing schedule which includes the cal mag. I didnt add my cal mag but kinda figued that i could add it the next week after the flush. My run off If i did it correctly was 590 which is only 100 different then what went in, that’s whats supposed to happen right? And the next time I feed I’m supposed either do water or I use the same solution I just made? Because I still have a lot left of it, prob could last the full week depending on how much of this run off I’m doing correctly. Hahaha
Lord have mercy I feel so lost sometimes with so many methods out their that are considered correct. I’m still not sure which direction I’m goin got go in but I have Gorilla Glue Fem seeds that have just popped their head out and from what ive heard i need to make sure I have all this stuff figured out and try really hard to not cause the plant stress due to it having the possibility of becoming a hermi ! I dont recall 420 putting that in their description, i remember reading that the difficulty was easy. Other sites show moderate :lot-o-toke:
I’m more than likely going to go with General hydro nutrients, Ive used GH Flora series and didnt have no where near as much confusion as i did tying Dakine 420, and will be ordering them again but for now I’m having to stat this plant with Dakine and my plant is to switch to GH by next week or so, is that possible to do without causing the plant problems?

Oh wow thank you for any advice and I appreciate anyone taking the time to read this, i know i wrote a lot, oh and I have pictures !! :p;)

Do all Coco perlite mixes have to have cal mag added to them because of the coco ? I read that they do something that causes the medium to lack it, but where i get confused at is whether I have to add it to my Mother Earth Coco perlite 70/30 mix before I transplant my plant and if its mostly for the medium and not so much my plant
Most coco today is already buffered and requires no pre-charging. I've used Mother Earth coco many times and I use it right out of the bag.......all I do is saturate it with 1/4 strength nutes before transplant. You may or may not need to use a calmag supplement depending on your nutes and water........I use tap water and never have to use calmag.

I know you have more questions but it was way too long to read it all.

Hahaha I know thank you for answering my question., so what does your tap water come out to? I could have started with my well water which was at like a 8 ph and 100ppm but wasn’t sure if i would wind up having to use a bunch of ph down but needed up using more ph up than i thought I would. My poor baby is very droopy right now and i think i over watered it when i was doing the run off smdh, leave it to me hahah, thi slil baby has been a trooper !

If you're growing in coco it's almost impossible to over water
Just make sure you have good drainage and that you remove drained nutrients posthaste

That’s what i was told and thought it would be the best option for me and it most def is drainage because i moved the soil around a little and felt way at the bottom which is where she is because of stretching in the begining. Oops

1D6D8521-CC19-4784-B4EE-10B4BC369604.jpegThis was right before i was able to get actual nutrients in the coco.

3006AB57-90C3-4234-94B0-0FB37A5C4541.jpegEarlier today after i switched pots and added nutrients , 89415576-1673-4D89-8271-716E9ACCFD3A.jpegearlier today, flash was on.

My plant would be considered mature right ? I saay this because the five fingers. These are the only ones so far. Trying to do another set but having trouble. I’m sure this plant hates me by now:confused:3006AB57-90C3-4234-94B0-0FB37A5C4541.jpeg89415576-1673-4D89-8271-716E9ACCFD3A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom