Trichome color testing

NewToTHC

All:

Monitoring the progress of the trichomes on my latest grow, most are just starting to cloud with the occasional light amber one. I am looking at them with a 40x loupe that has a led backlight ~6500K. All good. So then today I looked at the trichomes with the main LED grow lights ~3200K and was quite surprised to see that many of the trichomes appeared amber. So which do I believe as it appears the color of the trichomes is dependent on the light that is being used to view them?

Can't it is all intertwined in a scrog net. I did snip off one of the buds and take it outside in natural light. The conclusion or what I observed is somewhere in between. the loupe led light I would not trust as it can make a cloudy trichome appear clear due to the intensity of the light, and the angle in which the light hits the trichomes.

I think it's better to use a flashlight with a high CRI bulb and light the bud area area and not use the illumination LED on the loupe for a more accurate interpretation.

Take a look at my “Harvest” thread in my signature.

I understand the trichome color clear, cloudy, amber, but in this situation the led light on the loupe "skewed" what my eyes interpreted.

Back
Top Bottom