Trimming lower branches

Hreed420

Alright, so I get the idea of trimming or pruning off lower bud sites and branches to direct energy to the top.
But I personally like the popcorn buds because you can use them for wax or edibles or whatever really.
What I’m wondering is, HOW much energy is focused to the top if you remove them? Is it a dramatic difference?
Do the top colas get a lot bigger if you remove them?
I’d like to hear your thoughts on this.
I have 4 plants 12 days into 12/12 and 3 I’m going to flip this weekend.

Alright, so I get the idea of trimming or pruning off lower bud sites and branches to direct energy to the top.
But I personally like the popcorn buds because you can use them for wax or edibles or whatever really.
What I’m wondering is, HOW much energy is focused to the top if you remove them? Is it a dramatic difference?

Its a debate of yes or no right or wrong kind of question!! , I personally just like to defoliate myself and let all bud sites receive light energy instead of cutting off bud sited branches thats going to be smokeable ,eatable or waxed.. but your gonna hear everything across the board i just know what works for me..

How come your going to flip so soon?? there not even past seedling stage yet, the more you let it veg the more you get during harvest

How come your going to flip so soon?? there not even past seedling stage yet, the more you let it veg the more you get during harvest
MG, I think you misread his statement. He's 12 days into flower, not into veg.

These are all of them. I’ll attach the ones flowering for 12 days next
F2061B00-A9A6-4090-9054-462FEA5257A3.jpeg

Here’s the girls flowering for 12 days.
The obvious one I thought was male very early on, and left her outside. Then I realized one day she was a she, and then I began treating her properly . Bottom line, idk how long she’s been flowering gonna rely on trichs to let me know..
2E779D8F-8B6C-4E97-A28A-8019EF17B10C.jpeg
D9BC31D5-AAF0-4CBF-BB79-89A7E72DC5F1.jpeg
9F40E3C0-84E4-415A-BD4A-C2063697B768.jpeg

Here’s the girls flowering for 12 days.
The obvious one I thought was male very early on, and left her outside. Then I realized one day she was a she, and then I began treating her properly . Bottom line, idk how long she’s been flowering gonna rely on trichs to let me know..
2E779D8F-8B6C-4E97-A28A-8019EF17B10C.jpeg
D9BC31D5-AAF0-4CBF-BB79-89A7E72DC5F1.jpeg
9F40E3C0-84E4-415A-BD4A-C2063697B768.jpeg

Thats the only realiable method you can go by. the breeders never get the flowering period right, its always more then they advertise...

Yeah tbh man these are from dispensary buds I haven’t made the jump to buying seeds yet. I do have 10 DJ short blueberry seeds, but I haven’t started those yet. Got those from CO.

The one flowering is sour D, the one with the cup is also sour D, the other two are white widow.
Then vegging I’ve got Fire OG Gorrila Glue and Bubba Kush

Yeah tbh man these are from dispensary buds I haven’t made the jump to buying seeds yet. I do have 10 DJ short blueberry seeds, but I haven’t started those yet. Got those from CO.

The one flowering is sour D, the one with the cup is also sour D, the other two are white widow.
Then vegging I’ve got Fire OG Gorrila Glue and Bubba Kush

Thats my current grow too white widow!
They look good to me my friend :goodjob:

Here are the ones vegging, they are bushy in the middle is why I ever even asked the question about trimming...
EED1929E-4A93-4C0F-BD70-A44DA836D70F.jpeg
03FF7E36-8C99-4888-A0F3-F6770214A199.jpeg
A68C84C0-398D-4C63-8D61-CF01EFA5BF87.jpeg
Gross toe callus, I have the same ones nothing is worse than them catching your blanket, man it's gotta suck to have put your strongest girl out of the grow room nice color on your leaves those are some healthy plants.

Gross toe callus, I have the same ones nothing is worse than them catching your blanket, man it's gotta suck to have put your strongest girl out of the grow room nice color on your leaves those are some healthy plants.
Lol thats hilarious happens to us all tho..
Thanks man! I really appreciate that.
your welcome if you have anymore problems post them and start a grow journal to were we can see all the progress and catch up on your grow

Dude it sucks to have to put any of them out .. I just moved them inside for the evening.

Man they look great, I’m really hoping for a decent yield. I’ve only ever averaged an ounce n a half a plant. But I’ve never vegged this long or used 5 gal pots.

I’ve seen some grow journals but never really thought about posting one.

Back
Top Bottom