Trivia: Name that Deficiency! - Help Please

GoGreenOrHome

HELLO ALL,

I am a first time grower, two month into vegging and think I am coming up on some a Phosphorous deficiency but am not sure. Input please!!!

What Strain is it? OG Kush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybird
How Many Plants? 8
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 2 Months
If in Flowering Stage... How Long?
Indoor or Outdoor? Indoor, in process of hardening-off
Soil or Hydro? soil
If Hydro, Reservoir size?
If Hydro, Reservoir Temperature?
If Hydro, what type of Medium?
If Hydro, what type of Setup?
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Local guy - swears that its better than Fox Farm. Very organic stuff - bat guano blood meal etc
If Soil... What Size Pot? 3.7 gallons - moving up to 10 gallons soon
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 1, 1000 hps
Is it Air Cooled? yes
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 75
RH of Room/Cabinet? 40%
PH of Medium or Reservoir? 7
Any Pests? No
How Often are you Watering? Every other day
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? None used yet - recommendations please
Size or Square Footage of Room? garage

011797.JPG

013670.JPG

012722.JPG

010928.JPG

Pic. 1. - My plants outside, they are almost exactly 2 month old.

Pic. 2. - Early stage of Potassium deficiency ?

Pic. 3. - Advanced stage of Phosphorus deficiency ?

Pic. 5 Purple stems - Many of my new leaves have purple stems, they tends to go away and I read this is normal. However, some of the purple stems also have purple veins that extend into the foliage. Is this normal plant biology or a deficiency of some sort? This also could be a Phosphorus deficiency to my understanding.

Summary: Overall my plants look pretty healthy (I think) and only very recently have shown symptoms. The close-ups are more or less extreme cases in comparison to the overall health of the flower (I hope). What do you guys think are the deficiencies and the correct way to treat them? I have not used fertilizer until this point because I was made to believe my soil is good enough and that any added nutrients could cause lock-up or toxic levels. However, these new deficiencies are making me think twice. What should I do? On a final note I have a soil test kit. I do not believe it is very good because my first test showed I had major surplus in all categories. The directions said to mix 1 cup of soil w 5 cups of water but the solution was so dark everything was in surplus. So, on my second test, I instead tested with run-off water. The results were that I had a Nitrogen deficiency which does not seem to be the case, or is it? Further, it said I had a surplus of Phosphorus and sufficient in Potassium. Ironic since I believe to be deficient in both Potassium and Phosphorus, not in Nitrogen. I need some help. Some fertilizer. A new test kit. etc. Input would be greatly appreciated ya'll. Til then - Keep smoking!
:Namaste:
Best, Matt

P.S. 2 of my plants have dark big leaves while the others do not have this. In fact, 3 of them have new leaves that appear scrawny and yellowish.

Re: TRIVIA: Name that Deficiency!! (Help Please)

You will have to scroll down quite a way but it shows pictures of different deficiencies. I hope it helps. LOL Keep it green.

Back
Top Bottom