Trouble Cloning

Resonance77

420 Member
I have a home made aero cloner thing.
full

I have this thing full of clones right now. They have been in it for 11 days so far and there are no signs of roots at all. I crammed 31 clones in it from 8 mothers of 3 different strains. I used EZ Clone rooting gel on the cuts. The reservoir is distilled water with EZ Clone Clear Rez, Dyna Gro KLN and Superthrive. PH is 5.8 Temp is running mid 70's. I reset the res on day 8. On day 9 I added some CalMag.

This is my first time using one of these. I have used trays and domes before with cuttings going straight into soil. Seems like I would normally have a few that would have roots by now. I'm not sure if there is something I'm overlooking. 0% success so far. I'm starting to become concerned. If I can't figure this out in the next couple days I'll probably just remove the clones and stick them in some coco in trays. Does anyone have any advice or suggestions on how to get this thing to make roots grow?

It's always been best for me, when the temps were 80°f - 85°f. Also, other than the rooting gel, I add nothing until I see development. Up top, you need to keep the temps warm, humidity up, and add a little bit of light.

Yea dump all that shit out and put straight water in there keep it warm and poof I spent a year trying to find the magic to put in there I finally gave up and used straight water
Another thing I do submerge the stem and some do still take 2 weeks but they do root I actually had to give a bunch away
Now the Cal mag once they start eating there self sounds like a good idea to

So I dumped the cloner and refilled with straight tap water. The cuttings lasted another 8 days before I pulled the plug. Things were starting to mold and the reservoir was starting to smell musty. I just dumped all the cuts into the compost. I picked up a clone dome and some rapid rooter plugs and took another 32 cuts. I had 100% fail in the aero cloner and 100% success with the tray. I think I might try the cloner tote again in the future, but for critical cuts that I need to keep things moving along, I'm using a tray and dome.

That's crazy but what ever works for you is the main thing I'm total opposite I kill every one I try with plugs and dome

Back
Top Bottom