Truth about organics

GrumpyGrower

This is not to discuss improved flavor or whatnot that some ppl claim comes from organics. This is only to address the myth that organics are clean and healthy, while chem ferts are somehow dirty and unhealthy. Some people, especially medical users, feel that buds grown with chem ferts are somehow more toxic; which is just silly.

From Skeptiod
Scientifically, the term "organic food" is meaningless. It's like saying a "human person". All food is organic. All plants and animals are organic. Traditionally, an organic compound is one produced by life processes; chemically, it's any carbon-containing molecule with a carbon-hydrogen bond. Plastic and coal are organic, a diamond is not. So when we refer to organic food in such a way to exclude similar foods that are just as organic chemically, we're outside of any meaningful scientific use of the word, and are using it as a marketing label.

I want to stress that I am not opposed to organic food. It is generally a perfectly fine product. I do have objections to the way it's marketed: It's an identical product, sold at a premium, justified by baseless alarmism about standard food. Whether you agree or not that this alarmism is baseless, you should at least agree that that would be an unethical way to promote a product that offers no real benefit. I choose not to reward this with my food-buying dollar. People who willfully seek out the organic label when buying food are being taken advantage of by marketers employing unethical tactics.

The biggest misconception is that organic farming does not use fertilizer, herbicides, or pesticides. Of course it does. Fertilizer is essentially chemical nutrient, and the organic version delivers exactly the same chemical load as the synthetic. It has to, otherwise it wouldn't function. All plant fertilizers, organic and synthetic, consist of the same three elements: nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium. Referring to one as a "chemical" and implying that the other is not, is the worst kind of duplicity, and no intelligent person should tolerate it.

From Dutch Master
Many products make claims of enhanced growth and yield from beneficial microorganisms added to the nutrient solution along with organic fertilizers. This phenomenon can be attributed to the enzymatic secretions of these fungi into the solution to breakdown organic matter into its essential elements for uptake and transport to the roots . Essentially, it is the same as adding extra fertilizer.

Again, This is only to address the myth that organics are clean and healthy, while chem ferts are somehow dirty and unhealthy. I don't wanna hear how your organic buds taste better or have a stronger buzz, that is another discussion.

This is not to discuss improved flavor or whatnot that some ppl claim comes from organics. This is only to address the myth that organics are clean and healthy, while chem ferts are somehow dirty and unhealthy. Some people, especially medical users, feel that buds grown with chem ferts are somehow more toxic; which is just silly.

From Skeptiod

From Dutch Master

Again, This is only to address the myth that organics are clean and healthy, while chem ferts are somehow dirty and unhealthy. I don't wanna hear how your organic buds taste better or have a stronger buzz, that is another discussion.

Holy crap I couldnt have said any better!!!!!! +Rep

The thing I am wondering about is whether to use Blackstrap in a Deep Water Culture setup before/during the flush phase at the very end and how it effects the equipment (i,e, is extra cleaning required, does it have a tendency to cause any blockages or equipment failures).

Molasses does tend to add gunk to the res. Again, being organic, it needs microorganisms to process it before it can used by the plants. Once processed, it becomes chemical fertilizer. You can achieve this by adding beneficial microbes to your res which will break down the molasses, but it will be essentially the same as using a chemical bud sweetener. If you add molasses without adding bennies then you are inviting harmful microbes which may cause root disease.

thank you!

that was the consensus I came to, if you are doing an organic based grow it's awesome. If you are doing a chem nutes based grow stick to the chems that produce a similar effect.

Cheers!

Well they are all chemicals, just some synthetic and the other organic. but it all depends on the growers practices because true living organics is amazing. this is done by alllowing the microlife to feed your plant and you feeding your mirco life. the finished product is really amazing.

There are chemicals and there are chemicals. Most of the nutrients sold to our community are not specifically formulated for mj. Many are rebranded, repackaged and sold at a much higher (npi) price.

It might interest you to know the vast majority of human vitamins and minerals are derived from coal tar. Coal tar is bottom of the barrel in terms of our bodies ability to break it down and utilize it. No wonder they come out the same way they went in- in tact. The adult human body has a hard time processing inorganic matter into food.
sources.

Plants have the ability, but again, there are good and bad sources of chemicals and inorganic matter. After reading a lot of blogs/journals of people who use aeroponics, Dutch Masters has my business. They are clean, and come in one part as well as multipart.

Well they are all chemicals, just some synthetic and the other organic. but it all depends on the growers practices because true living organics is amazing. this is done by alllowing the microlife to feed your plant and you feeding your mirco life. the finished product is really amazing.

I agree!! It may sound as if I am somehow against organic gardening, but I am not. I am only against those who take advantage of ignorance. Some seriously sick people get tricked into paying more for an organic product which, in terms of safety, is essentially identical to it's synthetically grown counterpart.

Speaking of organic growing strictly as a method, I find it quite fascinating and rewarding.

Back
Top Bottom