Typical Spidermite Thread... SNS questions

billmoe93

So against my better judgment I started a summer grow...and spring has brought me the bugs.

I have 5 plants in soil from seed 3 weeks in veg on a indoor grow and I think I got mites. I noticed 4 or 5 tiny red bugs crawling on one of the pots and my heart sank. I looked all over and could only find the 5 crawling on the side of the pot. None on the underside of the leaves or on the plants that I can see. No webs. No leaf damage yet.

They cant be anything else but mites right?

Needless to say I killed them and sprayed everything well with neem.

Now Im hoping they were just some weird little bug I never heard of..... some other small millimeter sized round reddish bugs. However I have kinda mentally prepared myself to battle mites.

Floramite and Forbid are a no go due to restrictions.

SNS 217 looks to be what I will be using. If anyone with experience with the SNS can help me that would be nice. I have a couple questions.

1. Do you think a 4oz bottle is good enough for 5 plants in 3 gal pots that are about a foot tall? Do you think I could get 2 applications out of a 4oz?

2. The way the SNS works, is it wise to spray the pots as well? I know it creates the barrier on the plant but I was wondering if spraying the pot was a good idea since I only found them on the pot so far.

Ive read a lot of the threads about mites, this is my first time dealing with them if these are them. Im not above scraping the grow all together. My winter grow came in great and the idea of mites has me put off. This is what I get for trying to squeeze another grow in before it gets really hot.

If anyone can help, or give advice SNS related or otherwise it would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

Cliffs.

3 wks veg from seed. soil
Noticed 5 red bugs on side of one pot. Mites??
No leaf damage, no mites on underside of leaves.
Sprayed neem everywhere. About to order SNS 217
Advice on how to proceed?

So against my better judgment I started a summer grow...and spring has brought me the bugs.

I have 5 plants in soil from seed 3 weeks in veg on a indoor grow and I think I got mites. I noticed 4 or 5 tiny red bugs crawling on one of the pots and my heart sank. I looked all over and could only find the 5 crawling on the side of the pot. None on the underside of the leaves or on the plants that I can see. No webs. No leaf damage yet.

They cant be anything else but mites right?

Needless to say I killed them and sprayed everything well with neem.

Now Im hoping they were just some weird little bug I never heard of..... some other small millimeter sized round reddish bugs. However I have kinda mentally prepared myself to battle mites.

Floramite and Forbid are a no go due to restrictions.

SNS 217 looks to be what I will be using. If anyone with experience with the SNS can help me that would be nice. I have a couple questions.

1. Do you think a 4oz bottle is good enough for 5 plants in 3 gal pots that are about a foot tall? Do you think I could get 2 applications out of a 4oz?

2. The way the SNS works, is it wise to spray the pots as well? I know it creates the barrier on the plant but I was wondering if spraying the pot was a good idea since I only found them on the pot so far.

Ive read a lot of the threads about mites, this is my first time dealing with them if these are them. Im not above scraping the grow all together. My winter grow came in great and the idea of mites has me put off. This is what I get for trying to squeeze another grow in before it gets really hot.

If anyone can help, or give advice SNS related or otherwise it would be greatly appreciated.:thanks:

Cliffs.

3 wks veg from seed. soil
Noticed 5 red bugs on side of one pot. Mites??
No leaf damage, no mites on underside of leaves.
Sprayed neem everywhere. About to order SNS 217
Advice on how to proceed?

Yes I think you can get about two applications. I got about five with two 1 ft plants.

Spraying by the bucket won't hurt, could drown some of them. I highly recommend treating with SNS for one - two times a week until week 2 of bloom. It's a great preventative.

Thank you Bones, Thats exactly what I wanted to hear.

Thx 420. I ordered my samples and read all the SNS posts before making mine. The promoting here made me think of SNS as soon as I saw the little buggers. To be honest it never crossed my mind to call them:)

With all the threads on the internet about spider mite battles never going away its kind of scary. I wanted to go thermonuclear and use some of the nastier stuff since Im early in veg, but shipping it is a problem. Still thinking about trying to circumvent the mailing issue.

The price tag on the SNS is steeper but even on other forums the reviews are great. Im also no entirely convinced they were mites yet, them being no where but on the side of one pot has me perplexed but it could just be denial. Preparing for battle is all I can think of.

I sterilize my stuff, I change my clothes before entering my grow room......why me lord :)

Back
Top Bottom