Under Stair Grow

piginslop

I've got 5 plants about two weeks old in 5-gal buckets. They are in a space under my stairs, 7 feet x3 x 5 feet. I have a 400W hps light on 24 hrs a day, i suplement that with a "aqua glow 15w light" for about two hours a day. I'm using foxfarm soil with perlite added. I've got the walls covered with aluminum foil, flat side showing - yeah i know, but its what i've got on hand. The plants are all 3-5 inches tall and i'm wondering when i should use nutes on them. I've got some mg that says is 24/8/16. I know its not the best but again its what i've got on hand. I have a small fan blowing on them to move around the air even though there is no problem exchangin the air. I've been reading alot on here but am not really sure how far to dilute the mg. The temp seems to stay around 77 degrees all the time. Any advice?
:thanks:

Let your plants till you when to add nutes, usually around 3 weeks. I started to early with some of mine and one of the leaves grew in upside down lol, pretty sure its from the early nutes. Dillute the nutes when you first start, I usually start at a 1/4 of what it says. Green growing brother, peace. :ganjamon:

I started them on 12/12 last thursday because of my height issue. all of them seem to be doing well but they are all different size - two are getting really large, two are medium sized and the first one i started is small. They are all from the same bagseed.

^ That's ok. They grow at their own speed. I honestly can't help you out with the mg nutes. I don't use them. For a little extra money, you can get fox farm nutes. Even if you could only afford a small quantity, it would be better the mg. Mg isn't made for cannabis. It's a product that is made for the masses. I use Fox Farm nutes. You could get away with just buying Tiger Bloom now for flowering since you are in 12/12. This is just a suggestion. ;-) I would also suggest you not use tinfoil and use mylar or white flat paint instead.

Thanks you Ms. Fox for the pointers. I'm going to my local growing supply company to get the Tiger Bloom this weekend. I'll soon be hitting lowes or home depot to get material to replace the foil. And thanks to everyone for their sound advice - sometimes it not so easy to navigate through all the journals and other information to find the things i'm concerned about. This is a great site and i'm glad there are so many knowledgeable and helpful people here. PIG

If you cant be arsed with going to the shop for neut's i got mine from eBay. Far more choice than in my local hydro store and cheaper also. Also, even get a little mylar - 4 meter length my 2meter wide was only costing me £8.20 GBP delivered - again on eBay would be ample for the space you are growing in.

Are the underside of your stairs wooden? If so - My friend is growing in a confined space under the stairs and was having issues with circulation of fresh air, so he used a 70mm hole saw drillbit and bored 3 holes in the vertical stairboards and placed black mesh over the holes. After he done this he lost near 15 degrees in grow room temp from sucking in the cold air from the hallway!

I used FF Tiger Bloom last Friday and went out of town until this aftermoon. I used 1/2 tsp to a gallon of water. What a reaction by the sisters!!! They really liked that stuff. Now, i used 1/2 gallon of the mix per plant. I think i need to cut that back. I'll wait and use plain water next time i water. Should I use the nutes every other watering? The two plants are remarkebly dis-similar to each other considering the seeds came from the same bag.

I uploaded two more pics that i took today. I flushed them both. They have been on 12/12 for 4 weeks now. I tied the top down on the one becuase it was getting too close to the light and i'm amazed at how it really opened up the other bud sites - mental note to self here to do that with next grow/s. Please let me know what you think. Now that I have flushed, how long should i wait to continue feeding them Tiger Bloom nutes?
Any idea how much long before they will be ready to harvest?

I had to go to Southern Cal for a week and i'm now back home. I posted a couple more pics of her in the pictures section. Now sure how much longer to go till harvest - couple weeks????

Back
Top Bottom