Unknown problem with Blue Dream Grow - with pictures

flashcry

So I'm Growing Some Blue Dream and Sour Diesel (plus a few other strains but there not part of the question)
-My initial Lighting was 1000w Metal Halide but after some power issues i am now using a large amount of CFL's ( 2 300w equivalent, 2 400w equivalent, 4 100w equivalent, 2 AreoGrow lighting fixtures, running 18 hours on until there ready to flower then i will put in my 1000w HPS
-There In Hydroponic Soil that is watered once every 3-4 days depending
- I use General Hydroponics nutrition right now at just an EC of .5 a mix of there Macro, Grow, and Bloom. The Nutrients where introduced last week without any problems and the plants seemed to love them
- My temps stay around 75% during lights on and 63-65% when lights off at a humidity of 20-40%
- They are being grown in a grow tent with plenty of ventilation and a fan on them. My room is 4 x 4
- Water is Distilled pure and even after adding the Nutrients the Ph stays within optimal range

So just today i noticed that my Blue Dreams are developing brown spots on some of the older leaves but the rest of the plants look perfectly healthy, For the life of me i cannot figure out why they are developing these dead spots (this is my first grow and i have read so many different damn nutrient guides and just any and every guide that i no longer have a clue lol)

also in the pictures the 4 plants sitting on the AreoGrow are a few clones i picked up but im not having problems with them, my Blue dreams and Sour Diesels are in the middle and where grown from seed
2012-10-19_18_43_03.jpg
2012-10-19_18_43_12.jpg
2012-10-19_18_48_53.jpg

So any help or ideas would be appreciated, and sorry i hope this isnt a dumb question, i never use online forums.
Thanks

I know my light set up is a little ghetto but it works for now and its pumping out a ton of light

No i dont mist while the lights are on, i rarely mist at all actually. And okay thanks for letting me know i was for some reason under the impression cfl's should only be an inch or two away. Ill move it back a little. Thanks again.

Awesome thank you, i guess i just got so upset when i had to move out my Metal Halide i went on a CFL rampage haha

Don't sweat it. I agree with Wiz ..... they should be fine with a little more distance.

Thanks again, i have one last question if you don't mind, my two oldest girls have started to droop, they have very fat leaves and very bushy i water them every 4 days with some nutrients ( about 1/4th strength) but they have started to wilt, you think that 4 days might just be too long, i check the soil on the 4th day and its still slightly damp so i wouldn't think i am over watering but i just dont know. I feel like a f'ing parent lol

Thanks again, i have one last question if you don't mind, my two oldest girls have started to droop, they have very fat leaves and very bushy i water them every 4 days with some nutrients ( about 1/4th strength) but they have started to wilt, you think that 4 days might just be too long, i check the soil on the 4th day and its still slightly damp so i wouldn't think i am over watering but i just dont know. I feel like a f'ing parent lol

To much love will kill your plants lol. We all feel like parents when growing what we love. We just want them to be healthy and come out right. But to answer your question, are they wilting or are the leaves just heavy? I had a plant when the fan leaves will fall over since they were so big and also bushy. But if this isnt so, then I would say its not that your over watering its that your soil needs to be a bit more dry before you water again. The bottom of the pot could possibly still be holding a good amount of moister. So I would just wait until the pot feels feather weight before watering again.

A picture of them would be better to direct you fully. Oh never mind there the ones on the left right? Yea they look over watered. Let them dry out completely before watering again. Do you have perlite in your soil at all?

When you transplant them to bigger pots I would say mix in 50% perlite. This will help for your water drainage more.

Okay will do, its just strange since i come from the desert and im so use to plants needing water every day, but ill let them dry out. But you also touched on something the fan leaves are very heavy and are drooping but the nodes on the inside are pointing up and healthy so it might be a little of both over water and very heavy fan leaves, when they where seedlings they stayed in a very humid environment for a little to long i think and they developed very thick leaves.

Yea that will do it but also the watering will have the main fan leaves drop as there doing. Theres just excess water at the bottom of the soil. Let it dry out completely and youll see that fan leaves will perk up again. You dont want your soil to be water logged.

Also there might not be enough light over top of them the reason why there not as dry as the other plants on the right. It looks like theres more light on the right side than there is on the left. Maybe thats just the issue there. But its nothing to worry about. Just let them dry out more.

Here i wanted to give a good clear picture just in case, also these 4 that are drooping are the ones on the right. I'm not having any problems with the ones on the left strangely enough
rsz_12012-10-20_211909.jpg

Yea thats what i was thinking it looks like mine back when it was in its 2nd week of veg. All you she needs is alot more light. CFL will keep your nods real tight but htey will explode when given more stronger light. My girl blew up with in a week. When I start using a higher watt.

Her at 2WEEKS
IMG_0109_1_1.JPG

IMG_0108_1_.JPG

AND HERE SHE IS 2 WEEKS AGO. I TOPPED EVERY GROW SITE TWICE.
IMG_0229_1_.JPG

Your plant is just begging for more light. Shes going to be a big one :thumb:

Awesome, well im going to work on getting my Metal Halide back in then, i think ill just trade my 1000w for a 600w and it should be all good. :)

Also how old is your plant now?

I vegged her using T5 High Output lamp. Now shes on her ending of 5th week of veg. Im vegging her for 2 months. She has 40+ tops and 17+ branches. So when she gets to the end of her 7th week then shell be well ready to produce a good amount of buds. And they will be hug. Im using Rhino Skin now threw flower and also Kool Bloom when i flip the lights to 12/12 to enhance her strength and buds when they start to produce. Ill be getting a couple other additives also soon.

How come your switching a 1000w to a 600w? Im using a 400w MH/HPS now. Ill be adding a second 400w MH/HPS

Yea I feel you on the power usage. You have a good number of plants so your actually making 1000w worth having. Dont worry your using your moneys worth. Just keep your plants healthy and youll come out nicely at the end when its time to harvest. You can veg under the CFL's. That way you can save some energy usage. Then turn on the 1000w when they get bigger. Are you planning on flowering in the same grow tent? Whats the strains you have now?

Ya im going to try to flower in the same tent, i can use another room if some of the girls arnt big enough to flower. and lets see i have 3 Blue Dream 2 Sour Diesel (one is only an inch or so high so shes in a different room) 2 Himalayan Gold 1 Third Dimension and 1 Qleaner. Its an interesting mix in the tent lol

Back
Top Bottom