Use 18/6 last week if flower

safeman

have been hearing that some grower/breeder using 18/6 in the last week of flower understand that the flower increases size,ect - understand that shot if time cyle don't harm plant

understand that shot if time cyle don't harm plant
It might not harm the plant but it probably does nothing for it either. By the end the plant is pretty much done except for the last of the finishing off.

have been hearing that some grower/breeder using 18/6 in the last week of flower
And there are some who don't water for the last week and some who soak the soil so it is dripping wet.

Then there are those who pound nails or drive screws through the stem.

Some sativa dominate strains that need a push to completely finish can benefit from an 11on 13 off schedule. Life around the equator tends to be more of a 12/12 schedule. The daylight times are not as long as they can be at greater latitudes.

IMO I think that the plants can't grow without adequate light. Cutting it way back might hamper them being all they can be at the end.

Don't waste your time even thinking about it
Your plants are what they are and no amount of funky lighting or snake oil is going to change that
Just grow it out, see what you get

God I love every time I see your name pop up cuz I know it’s about to be some simple wisdom shit right to the point. This is the answer.

I’ll even add on a little science for it. In the true final week of a plant, she’s no longer putting mass on. She is in full blown resin production. At this point you’ll only notice the plant getting harder, and in some cases you may even see the buds beginning to appear oily. As an annual she has spent the absolute last bit of her energy trying to bulk up enough to be the one that reproduces. By her final week she has nothing left to give in terms of mass, the energy for it is just gone. She’s now just trying to make her buds as sticky as possible to defend herself while attempting to attract the most pollen.

have been hearing that some grower/breeder using 18/6 in the last week of flower understand that the flower increases size,ect - understand that shot if time cyle don't harm plant
Whatever you've heard is wrong. You will only loose potency and yield as a result running photo strains that flowers under 12 hours of light.

Back
Top Bottom