use Veg bulb in flower 600w hps what would happen?

roundstone

Hi
Can any body answer this question. I brought a 600w hps kit didnt check what bulb i had, i have done 3 grows now with it and only got 1.7 to 2oz per plant, i am thinking as it was a cheap kit i would have not got a duel bulb.

i have now got a duel bulb just waiting for it to be delivered, does the veg and flower bulbs really make that much differents in yields??

do you know the spectrum numbers? i guess flower is red 2000k and veg is 2700k blue what will the dual bulb have on there????

As an example, the MH bulb I use is an UltraSun 1000w. Its color temperature is 10000 Kelvin whereas my HPS flowering bulb is a Hortilux Super HPS with a color temperature of 2100 Kelvin.

I have no idea what your dual arc lamp will be. You can use Google to look it up and find a spec sheet.

B-

I have no experience with dual arc lamps. sorry, can't help you there. That's going to have to be a decision you make based on the research you do.

Best advice I can give you on this particular topic is to google everything you can, read every word you find and come to your own informed conclusion. Along the way you will also get the added benefit of lots of learning! Can't beat that! Plus its free!

B-

HPS are basically around the 2100K mark.

Dual spec HPS normally touch around the 2050K area.

MH are around 5500k off the top of my head whilst the CFL version for veg growth is around 6400K.

Veg bulbs mainly blue spectrum light will result in lower yields when compared to HPS used for flowering red spectrum, how ever their is little difference between dual arc vs hps yield wise !

I often use dual arc/spectrum bulbs why use 2 different bulbs when one bulb can do both with suitable results !

At the end of day 2 oz a plant if grown in soil is pretty good, even tho i have had better under a 400w dual spec bulb all very strain related tho :thumb:

If ya want more yield you may want to look at super cropping methods such as topping, LST etc

Back
Top Bottom