Using capsules for oil

The way i package and ship the CCO capsules i make is to use the empty gel caps from whole foods market and i use a capsules machine to fill the large side of the caps with ground up flax seed also from whole foods. I fill the large side of the capsules with the ground up flax seed then i use the smaller side of the capsules to dose the oil. I again use the capsule machine and i use a new xacto knife blade to scrape up some of my oil and then i use the tip of the blade to dose the oil onto the inside of the gel capsule. Once both sides are filled a squeeze them together with the machine. Using the xacto knife i have been able to dose the capsules pretty exactly and uniformly. I do each batch in the machine based on per person use and have not had any unwelcome side effects from anyone who has taken them. This way i have also been able to send them across the country without issue!

I also have the tamp piece but i never use it because i really only use the flax seed as a filler for the capsules so quantity doesn't matter. I started using the ground flax seed for a few reasons. It was cheap and easy to get, a large bag was like $7 at whole foods. In my search for filler material flax seed had possible cancer fighting properties the others didn't. Also when the oil is dosed in the capsules it absorbs into the flax seed and looks like any other supplement full of good shit so it's discreet and inconspicuous, and lastly it looks like any other bottle of OTC supplement you buy when it goes through a x-ray machine which works nicely if you have to ship it somewhere.

On the capsule machine i got mine off ebay with a huge bag of gel caps cheap from the same seller for under $40 i think in just a few days.

Fifty, have you ever used this device? I hear conflicting reports about the efficiency of the matching up of the capsule parts.

I personally use a jig that only holds the bottom pieces. I keep the tops in a custard cup as I'm filling the capsules and then individually top them.

If you use this jig you've linked to, I'd appreciate hearing of how well it works for you and if you've found any tricks to getting it to work consistently.

Fifty, have you ever used this device? I hear conflicting reports about the efficiency of the matching up of the capsule parts.

I personally use a jig that only holds the bottom pieces. I keep the tops in a custard cup as I'm filling the capsules and then individually top them.

If you use this jig you've linked to, I'd appreciate hearing of how well it works for you and if you've found any tricks to getting it to work consistently.

I have one Sue. It works fine as long as your empty caps are stored at the correct humidity or they can be a little tight. I do find the caps around the perimeter all need pushing together more as the press only covers half the cap around the outside edge.

Hard gelatin capsules shall be stored between 15-25oC (68-75oF) and 45-55% relative humidity to maintain the 12-16% moisture content of capsules.

Good to hear guys. I may invest in one.

Back
Top Bottom