Utter noob looking for buying advice

No. It's all bought & still in boxes but I am getting there. My back/spine issue flared up & has slowed me down. Plus I had to change a heating duct location & I am also running a waterline into the grow area to make water filling much easier. Give me another 2 weeks & I should have it running finally.

I have revised the plan with 2 x 12 gallon bins with 2 pots each in the tent & 1 x 17 gallon external reservoir. Now it is a true undercurrent with an external 'pull' 250 gph pump. 2" flow lines with a ½" return. I will cut out a portion of the top of each bin & use a Plexiglas panel with the pots in place (so I can easily peek inside).

fittings4.jpg

I have some fem Purple Kush seeds from Crop King for the first grow. I am fixing to grow 4 plants in a SCROG. Probably too many but I will be attempting topping & some training.

Just gunna throw this idea out there. Put a couple shut off (ball valves) on both the return and feed.
Also use a union on the pvc incase you need to remove one of the totes or reservoir.

I also see a lot of people use 1 1/2" pvc and use big grommets and silicone.
d1b8a803267cfa6055bb2f383ee6f1e3.jpg

Or these work well too
784beec695c618723e57d84c659ca22e.jpg

I suggest getting these flexible connectors, rather than unions.

IMG_192141.JPG

I'm not sure what they're called, but can be found at any home depot or lowes.

Accomplishes the exact same thing as unions, but they cost ~$3 rather than ~$11. Can really add up if you use more than a couple of them in your build.

I suggest getting these flexible connectors, rather than unions.

IMG_192141.JPG

I'm not sure what they're called, but can be found at any home depot or lowes.

Accomplishes the exact same thing as unions, but they cost ~$3 rather than ~$11. Can really add up if you use more than a couple of them in your build.

I think they are called PVC couplers. I just bought a 6" one for 12 bucks for my scrubber

Back
Top Bottom