UV light in hydroponics

I guess moderation it the key to everything. Ya maybe I'll just hook the light up separately and cycle it manually. Just like a baby with there immune system. Build it up gradually

From what I've read into it, and a good bit at that, as broad level summary is: UVB in small, short doses during veg is a split topic. During the last few weeks of flower is another matter. The UVB triggers the plant to generate more sunscreen. What's that sunscreen? THC. :D

From what I've read into it, and a good bit at that, as broad level summary is: UVB in small, short doses during veg is a split topic. During the last few weeks of flower is another matter. The UVB triggers the plant to generate more sunscreen. What's that sunscreen? THC. :D

ive read that black lights do the same thing. either way i have a lot to learn before putting butter on my plant and giving it a "sun tan" lmao.

Now again, this is from a bunch of reading on the work of others, but it seemed that reptile bulbs were the better option over a black light. Obviously it would require its own timer, etc. It seemed exposure was only a couple hours, and in the middle of the daylight cycle.

IIRC, and it's been a bit, but light was high for more coverage, but at the same time that also reduced intensity. Thus being able to have a couple hours instead of something like 15 min. I am unable to recall coverage, wattage, etc at the moment.

Addition to the above: Next run that will start the first part of October: once it gets close to being done in flower, I'll be trying reptile lighting.

Terpenes. I’m currently studying the organic chem part of the terpenes.

I seen the black light. The chlorophyll b is responsible for photo protection. Photo protection is sun screen,sun screen are terpenes. It’s not the UVA in the reptile bulb that is triggering this most lights have the UVA and IR but they regulated your ass with par. UVB produces extreme heat more energy to use, so industries have to use par regulated lighting. I seen the IR one wrong spectrum the plants had terpenes but the plants looked like they needed life support. If you can get terpenes on day 29 you could squishy your plant and reap the profit.

I seen the black light. The chlorophyll b is responsible for photo protection. Photo protection is sun screen,sun screen are terpenes. It’s not the UVA in the reptile bulb that is triggering this most lights have the UVA and IR but they regulated your ass with par. UVB produces extreme heat more energy to use, so industries have to use par regulated lighting. I seen the IR one wrong spectrum the plants had terpenes but the plants looked like they needed life support. If you can get terpenes on day 29 you could squishy your plant and reap the profit.
And the guy that did use a UVB he used 10% , I don’t understand that decision but there is only 1 % that makes it through our atmosphere. Those plants were terpeney but the yield was just disgusting because of the gross overload the plants took.

If it’s UVB it’s the exposure you want to be careful of, small doses, that hour treatment brought it to near cell degeneration. I wasn’t going to expose again until flower, but even then it was gonna a 15 minute burst 1 x a week.
Thank you Len,

Hope you're, still on here but I have a giant pond uv with a tiny rigged pump with some decent output. I've been running the UV right inside the same reservoir with my plants, stones, roots, and all. Then I give a burst of UV from my want to the surrounding area and to the pump before putting it in. Essentially, I'm hoping for a new Peer RP, because a lot of what im seeing is im killing all bacterial, rather than essential microbial. Any help> lol thanks for the love.

Back
Top Bottom