UV light, adding to LED grow?

I have read that the plants use the far red to gauge their height in relation to the horizon and this is how it affects internodal spacing. I never worried about that part of it, mostly intending to wake the plants up fast and put them to bed fast, so I just hung my far red emitter above the canopy so that all the plants could see it. It did seem to work though, in both respects... so I really don't know what difference it would make.
interesting, so if we put the FR on the side, like a horizon, they will grow taller? Or am i misinterpreting that?

I use Growmau5 FR puke

interesting, so if we put the FR on the side, like a horizon, they will grow taller? Or am i misinterpreting that?

I use Growmau5 FR puke
I really don't know how that works... because if you get the light too low, all the plants in the room might not be able to see it. I think the main effect you want from these trigger lights is to put the plants to sleep a lot faster so you can actually give them more hours of daylight and still keep them in bloom, so that probably needs to be up high where everyone can see it.

I have found an outfit that sells an led light module with the following specs: Linear Strip, Solder less, 660nm Deep Red (4), 730nm Far Red(6) for about $60 to my front door from Europe, base price $26.55 I think I am going to order one and mount it right in the middle of my NextLight MEGA, so I can experiment with some 14/10 lighting... the goal, faster harvests and tighter nugs.

I have found an outfit that sells an led light module with the following specs: Linear Strip, Solder less, 660nm Deep Red (4), 730nm Far Red(6) for about $60 to my front door from Europe, base price $26.55 I think I am going to order one and mount it right in the middle of my NextLight MEGA, so I can experiment with some 14/10 lighting... the goal, faster harvests and tighter nugs.
My current light has the Deep Red 660 but not the 730 Far Red from what the diagram & papers say. I didn't find a deal near as good as yours. So far best I found was 45" (all 730 nm) strips 40 watts each for $155. Still searching around though.

a simple halogen floodlamp has a large component of deep red light. You don't need a special light to do this.
After looking through the info that Shed gave us, I realized that I had only played with this years ago and really didn't try to push it to the limits. Now, understanding a bit more, I am going for the dual spectrum, the deep and far red, to really make sure I get the full effect, and I am going to revisit this in my bloom room.

ps: the guy at Cutter is going to email me a volt/current/output chart for the strip I purchased

I have found an outfit that sells an led light module with the following specs: Linear Strip, Solder less, 660nm Deep Red (4), 730nm Far Red(6) for about $60 to my front door from Europe

Does that include Customs duty / import tariff (if any)?

ugg, its a rabbit hole i was happy to wonder from, LOL. And then, I fell right back into it, looking at diodes, looking at PCBs and lenses, *bangs head on the desk

Back
Top Bottom