How to Use UV And IR For Growing Indoor Plants

You are going to have to fit it just before the splitter and just after the switches or you will only be controlling 1 light bar unless you fit 2 timers for the UV , which seems a bit redundant when you can do it with 1 timer before splitter
So will this timer work or not? Or am I better off just clipping the wire after the driver (before switches and splitter)?

Then, just power the two bars via the main output plug, with this switch for the UV power line?

So will this timer work or not? Or am I better off just clipping the wire after the driver (before switches and splitter)?

Then, just power the two bars via the main output plug, with this switch for the UV power line?

mars_hydro_ur45_led_grow_light_for_uv_ir_supplement.jpg

If I was fitting that timer to make the installation the easiest and neatest I would drill 2 holes( the size of timer cables without the jacks )in the back of the switch cover at each end on the side where it transitions from flat to angled is (drilling from the inside of cover will stop drill bit skating around).
You need to solder the supply to timer to the red + and black - ,and UV negative is the yellow wire the IR negative is brown .
The only issue I see is if the timer you purchased is switching the positive wire then it will be of no use to you.
Easy way to check that is with a continuity tester ,test from negative into timer to negative from timer when no power applied and you should have an open circuit, if you dont do the same test on the positive in and positive out and see if positive is an open circuit. which ever is an open circuit is the one that is switched via the timer .
if it is switching the negative and positive at the same time ,don't worry about soldering the positive out of timer onto the switch its irrelevant ,we only need to switch the negative.
If you switch the positive and negative wire the spectrum you are switching will work but the other spectrum won't work .
I hope that makes sense.
20240105_190156.jpg
Ah yep. 100% get it now! Will test timer prior to installing

Ah yep. 100% get it now! Will test timer prior to installing
I sent the company that makes that timer an email asking if the timer switches the positive or negative and they said it switches the positive so you might be screwed trying to use that timer

High humans,
when you're setting up the uv leds and timers to try and get the most out of them, I see 1 thing that the most of you ignore, don't know or drop it in the too hard bin, is absolutely imperative for for max smell, flav, resin and other unknown goodness and it amazes me the length/$ you go to to achieve a better bud, the best efforts only address half of the job or less. And it's across the board with these sites and I've only seen 1 human with a post of uv facts and figures that actually blow most of the "pros" minds and all thru lack of research. Now , are you willing to learn from a 53yo nobody with little to no experience in finding info from sites like these, not that there's anything wrong with that, but CAN grow indoors better than 95% of these sites gurus I've seen, including pictures of proof I'd be too embarrassed to put on the web, IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

High humans,
when you're setting up the uv leds and timers to try and get the most out of them, I see 1 thing that the most of you ignore, don't know or drop it in the too hard bin, is absolutely imperative for for max smell, flav, resin and other unknown goodness and it amazes me the length/$ you go to to achieve a better bud, the best efforts only address half of the job or less. And it's across the board with these sites and I've only seen 1 human with a post of uv facts and figures that actually blow most of the "pros" minds and all thru lack of research. Now , are you willing to learn from a 53yo nobody with little to no experience in finding info from sites like these, not that there's anything wrong with that, but CAN grow indoors better than 95% of these sites gurus I've seen, including pictures of proof I'd be too embarrassed to put on the web, IS ANYONE INTERESTED?

post up your observations and experiences for sure. there's always interested folk. at its best this is a sharing site. not a look at me site. folk here are mostly pretty chill and helpful.

post up your observations and experiences for sure. there's always interested folk. at its best this is a sharing site. not a look at me site. folk here are mostly pretty chill and helpful.
Pleased to meet you Bluter, I was expecting a not so warm reception so I'm impressed.
Well I have a coupla tricks to share but I've had crap put on me for revealing my tried and tested stuff but there's no way to cure an idiot no matter how much $ you have, like telling a Christian the Bible is like Aesop's Fables, they're just stories to live a good life by.
But here's the facts with using UV PROPERLY. The amount of UV at an average day is all over the place like a mad woman's crap with intensity and time THE MAJOR FACTOR, yes the 11-1pm often produce higher levels but not all the time. It can go from a 6 to a 11 UVA metered, in the space of 15 minutes and UVA can and does affect plants like humans but in a good way. So I tried using 3 18w a 415/420, 395/400 and a 365/370 running randomly all 3 to get the effectiveness I was looking for,any 1 randomly for 8am-11am , 12 and 3 randomly between 11-2 then back to any 1 until 2 hrs before lights out, THE ENTIRE GROW with a UVB used once every 3-4 days for 5-10 minutes THE ENTIRE GROW with a bit more during the last 3 weeks.
I hope someone doesn't take my word for it and does some research and finds out that I'm on the money. The 1 thing that I pride myself on and that's that I DON'T LIE or pass on untested theories. When you're ready I can make a plant go into bud in 2-3 days, don't believe me well try the UV first, then get back to me about the ultimate swap.

Looking forward to hearing from someones tests and the mocking of the simpleton. SMOKE EM UP

Pleased to meet you Bluter, I was expecting a not so warm reception so I'm impressed.
Well I have a coupla tricks to share but I've had crap put on me for revealing my tried and tested stuff but there's no way to cure an idiot no matter how much $ you have, like telling a Christian the Bible is like Aesop's Fables, they're just stories to live a good life by.
But here's the facts with using UV PROPERLY. The amount of UV at an average day is all over the place like a mad woman's crap with intensity and time THE MAJOR FACTOR, yes the 11-1pm often produce higher levels but not all the time. It can go from a 6 to a 11 UVA metered, in the space of 15 minutes and UVA can and does affect plants like humans but in a good way. So I tried using 3 18w a 415/420, 395/400 and a 365/370 running randomly all 3 to get the effectiveness I was looking for,any 1 randomly for 8am-11am , 12 and 3 randomly between 11-2 then back to any 1 until 2 hrs before lights out, THE ENTIRE GROW with a UVB used once every 3-4 days for 5-10 minutes THE ENTIRE GROW with a bit more during the last 3 weeks.
I hope someone doesn't take my word for it and does some research and finds out that I'm on the money. The 1 thing that I pride myself on and that's that I DON'T LIE or pass on untested theories. When you're ready I can make a plant go into bud in 2-3 days, don't believe me well try the UV first, then get back to me about the ultimate swap.

Looking forward to hearing from someones tests and the mocking of the simpleton. SMOKE EM UP

if you haven't got one yet make sure to get a journal up with it running. you'll get a pile of folk checking it and the method.

In Australia, it's mostly illegal, and we've got a 5 year data bank to sodemise you throughout life if they wanted, which basically means if just one cop doesn't like you for whatever reason they will find something jailable in my past 5 hours let alone years.
Anything worth keeping is written in an old school diary that isn't left in public view
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to publish lots of stuff that others would use but going to jail for being a show off or proud as just ain't worth it, sorry I forgot home invasions
So, MY JOURNAL IS A GREY MATTER unfortunately

Anything worth keeping is written in an old school diary that isn't left in public view

that's a horrible idea if you are actually trying to skirt the reach of leo.

written documents kept by the grower are often central to proving ongoing criminal enterprise, and normally lead to harder charges and steeper sentencing, if they are discovered when executing a warrant or during investigation.

don't keep paper or computer records if you are large enough for the law to be interested.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to publish lots of stuff that others would use but going to jail for being a show off or proud as just ain't worth it, sorry I forgot home invasions
So, MY JOURNAL IS A GREY MATTER unfortunately

some day maybe you'll be free enough to share. take care and stay safe.

I know what freedom is, I live it and MY FREEDOM is worth more than some stranger in another country, subliminally trying to get me to unload my game changing stuff under the guise of freedom, well ol mate you're gunna have to try harder. Ever thought of being a UC cop, that's the sort of stuff used by them , hahahaha, nah mate no photos but if I like you I'll happily tell you all I know and the 2-3 day flip is definitely worth more than all the pot in the USA, if I execute it with the due diligence required for such a thing, but if I trust you I'll tell you but trust is earned not a given, ya know? When I tell you in a message only then will you understand why I'm like this .
So where's the opinions with my UV organised randomness?

I mean if you're not going to make a big business move with "the secret" I'm sure many here would be interested in how to flip a plant in a couple of days.
Could just go hi guys here's something very cool I found out, try it out, not sure what all the song and dance is about?
G'day mate, sorry for being a disabled pensioner with no money, job, house or even a car cause I got bashed by 3 natives on my way home from a friend's 21st birthday, all because they had nothing to do and thought I'd enjoy grand-mal epilepsy fits for the rest of my life, my mother couldn't recognise me, they even decided that I might taste good when one bit a whole in my back. Oh boy don't I like not knowing who I am for 8 hrs after a seizure , and what about the joy of being single for the past 30 years, I could go on but nobody would care about my song and dance routine,
So can you please understand that for once in life, I have the opportunity to make serious coin and here's you telling me that I should just open up and reveal it to another unknown human and expect them to keep it quiet or not to run to a rich person , AC Infinity or the such and get a patent on the garunteed 3 day flipper instrument, yeah right ok just give me your number and I'll forward the details for a pending patent but I can't provide the cash needed, will you be ok with that?
This is the ONE crack I'll get to live an above depression life, so you can just buy it at the shop like a everybody else, except for the TRUSTED FEW, of course.

Now where's my applause for that song and dance routine?

Back
Top Bottom