UVB 280nm Light assisting THC production

I can source Power LEDs and smaller in the required wavelength, and at any viewing angle up to 130 degrees. My plan was to put a couple of LED array bulbs (7x1 watt) with 6 red 650nm and one 280nm UVB in a closet setup with about 6 of the (7x1) bulb arrays.

Do you think this would be sufficient Boss?

just so you all know UVB LEDS do not exist other then extremely low powered ones max of 1 milliwatt a minimum of 10Watts of pure uvb would be needed for every 1000 watt of light. both narrow band and broadband uvb photherapy lights are the mos effective sources of uvb. most people use tanning bulbs or reptile bulbs but these are a max of 10 percent uvb sort of a waste. in photo therapy the narrow bands are more preffered because they pin point on the most beneficial wavelength around 310nm which does not cause sunburn or skin cancer like the lower uvb wavelengths around 280nm. The broadband bulbs have a much wider range of uvb so im not sure which one is better, its possible the lower sunburning wavelengths may be needed but if the same can be accomplished with higher 310nm uvb then the narrowband would be better because your plants would be able to handle much more exposure to the light

This question may be a little of the main subject here but it's the closest thread I could find to my question. I have been growing for some time now and over the years I have had some great success but I've run into a problem here lately that I have never run into before. I have been growing some monster buds here lately but as big and beautiful as they are my cbd's and thc production is not what it should be. I grew some old time Shiva that came out beautifully and to catch a phrase, they looked like they were dipped in sugar and the high was outstanding. At the same time I grew the Shiva I grew a White Widow X Big Bud right beside it that did not produce nearly the THC that it should have. The stalks were short as though they had not matured even though they were allowed to flower for nearly 12 weeks. The buzz was still great but I know it would have been much better had it looked and grew as it should have. I now have a Blue Mystic that is growing by itself in a six square foot area under a 600 watt HPS using the DWC method of growing. This was also the same setup for the previous plants. The Blue Mystic has the wonderful, huge colas that are so heavy they would definately break off if not tied up. In fact the side shoots are the same. This plant should be literally covered in cannibanoids at eight weeks of flowering but is barely showing anything. I plan on letting it go a bit longer but am still confused at it's lack of cannibanoids. I am useing a PH of 5.8 to 6.0 with foods from Advanced. What am I doing wrong that these plants are not working for me. My plan is to find a couple of medicinal grade plants and devote my entire garden to them so that I become well educated to every aspect of those particular plants where I can offer patients the highest grade possible. I hope someone here can help me with my problem. I plan on cutting the lights completely here in a week or so to see it that causes a rush of THC and cannibanoid production. Thanks for all your help and taking the time to read this post.

The reptisun 10.0 has 30% UVB. The one you're using is inferior, less UVB and more UVA. I use reptisun 10.0 HO t-5's. I run HPS and metal halide all flowering, then the last 2 weeks, the UVB for 10 minutes on, 12 minutes off. If you run it longer than 10-15 minutes at a time, you could stunt the growth altogether. UVB shrinks the final weight, but it makes up for it in more potent buds with more oil. Of course the outcome is determined by the strain and grower. You could easily net 5% more THC if done right.

Back
Top Bottom