3rd Grow: Amare Tech 450W LED & UVB, 4x4 Tent

Cheers mate. How do you rate your mars light? Im running a 4x4 and 600w hps/mh at the moment but want to go led for less heat.
Ghe buds you grew looked awesome so if i can get results like that i'll be stoked.

Thanks man! I'm very happy with my first grow too. I had no problems with my 1200w. They are really affordable for entering the LED realm. I think it was comparable to what I could have gotten on a first try with a 600w HPS. Heat issues is exactly why I had to go LED. My old 3x3 setup wouldn't have been enough room for a reflector, air cooling, and carbon exhaust.

Then again if my space allowed for a 4x4 tent I may have never gotten into LED. I think the 1200 is the best value model they have, unfortunately I don't think it'd flower a 4x4 evenly. You'd probably want to go with something more powerful like their 1600 or multiple smaller LED panels. I'd rather not get into rating them, but if you do your research and love your plants, you can easily get results as good or better than mine.

Stay tuned tho, these upcoming buds are going to be delicious! It may not be as affordable of an entry-level LED, but this 450w Amare is definitely outdoing my Mars with 100 less watts. And the way I see it, this panel will last me 5 years under warranty; by then laws will change and I'll be growing outside.

Hey guys, hope you don't mind me commenting on Mars? I used their products, 192x3w and the 1200w lights, even made an all white LED 1200w custom unit and they really only do well in tight spaces close up. I was very disappointed in my yields. I would highly recommend saving up and buying a better LED brand. Just my .02 :)

I think grams per watt is a good comparison between LED.

I got .75 GPW with my MH, that seems pretty average.

Every yield I've read of the Amare has been over 1 GPW.
We'll see what I can get, but I'm feeling confident I'll hit that even though I had to pull two plants early.

My growing area only has capacity for about 1500w of energy and floor space, so I need every watt to count.

Someone on here got over a pound off the mars 1600 and even more off two 192x3's but i forgot his name. Spent hours on his journal

We pulled 1.3 pounds off 6 plants under two Mars II 900s in a 4x4, and it was our first grow and we nearly killed them all a few times. Our second grow we pulled a pound off three plants so far.

I think grams per watt is a good comparison between LED.

I got .75 GPW with my MH, that seems pretty average.

Every yield I've read of the Amare has been over 1 GPW.
We'll see what I can get, but I'm feeling confident I'll hit that even though I had to pull two plants early.

My growing area only has capacity for about 1500w of energy and floor space, so I need every watt to count.

That's about what we got as well, .75 GPW on our first. I think you can do better, approaching 1 GPW with Mars, but it's more work. :)

Hey Arteekay! I think we're both champions for doing so well our first times. Glad to hear you're pushing the limits with the mars! Been a while since I've been over to your journal, but I love all the data and work you put into it! I'll catch up soon.

I swapped the new drivers in a few days ago and the panel is drawing more accurately now. I think it took about 20 minutes to do the upgrade with a screwdriver. Super basic stuff but I actually had a lot of fun. I should look for a job in electronics or something.

Here's the new readings:

NewWatts.png

We're about 42 days into flowering now and things just look better every day. A few Ca, Mg, S deficiencies showing up so I'm adding epsom salt and increasing my CalMag. Feeding every other watering and I water every 3-4 days. I used to let the plants nearly droop between waterings but now during flowering I'm trying to water as often as my 3 inch deep finger tells me.

DSC014824.JPG
DSC014906.JPG
DSC015007.JPG
DSC014983.JPG
DSC014944.JPG

DSC014857.JPG

Hey Arteekay! I think we're both champions for doing so well our first times. Glad to hear you're pushing the limits with the mars! Been a while since I've been over to your journal, but I love all the data and work you put into it! I'll catch up soon.

I swapped the new drivers in a few days ago and the panel is drawing more accurately now. I think it took about 20 minutes to do the upgrade with a screwdriver. Super basic stuff but I actually had a lot of fun. I should look for a job in electronics or something.

Here's the new readings:

NewWatts.png

We're about 42 days into flowering now and things just look better every day. A few Ca, Mg, S deficiencies showing up so I'm adding epsom salt and increasing my CalMag. Feeding every other watering and I water every 3-4 days. I used to let the plants nearly droop between waterings but now during flowering I'm trying to water as often as my 3 inch deep finger tells me.

DSC014824.JPG
DSC014906.JPG
DSC015007.JPG
DSC014983.JPG
DSC014944.JPG

DSC014857.JPG
Those plants look really great!!

Here's the new readings:

NewWatts.png

DSC014824.JPG
DSC014906.JPG
DSC015007.JPG
DSC014983.JPG
DSC014944.JPG

DSC014857.JPG
Looking bomb brother that lite is a beast n flower n it will tend to bring out colors even in heat as I get a lot of purples that I didn't get with same strains under my mars plus my bud has been way more frosty n sticky

Thanks Noob! I'm not setting an end date this time, just going to watch closely and chop when there's most cloudy trichs and bulky buds. They took 66 days to finish last time, so I expect about 3 more weeks. I think patience pays off toward the end, an extra week can surprise you.

Back
Top Bottom