Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

I suspect that's the root of the problem for most of us. There's always something new that you want to try first. :laugh:

So far, I've only explored one small area of the universe, almost all of them sativas. I've tried every Brazilian I could find, though - got that locked down. :slide: I've done landrace Panama and a Guatemalan Haze, and I would expect southern Mexican to be similar ... I've had Highland Mexican from the Destroyer and DrG ... :hmmmm: ... so I've done a pretty good job on the American strains so far.

Now I'll see what Sour Diesels are like. But the stuff coming from some of the newer houses is hard to turn down. I see some of that Dynasty and Rare Dankness gear, and I get all distracted and want to chase that. :laugh:

(Heheh, I suddenly remembered what it was like to be a much younger man. :;):)

I've posted it a couple other places, but speaking of universes, y'all should check out Phylos Galaxy. :thumb:

[Edit] I realize now that I only bought/chose 16 of those strains - the rest were freebies.

Graytail, you absolutely should grab some Dynastygenetics gear. I would love to see you run some of their sativa hybrids like Ms. Universe, Megafauna, Bluniverse or Pineapple fields! Best breeder I have found to date!

Was that an ace Panama? I've heard they do that outdoors when the temps start to drop. I would love mine to get purple. I love the aromas off the purple strains.

Yep, it was an Ace Panama from a couple years ago. I was one of the first on 420 to run it I think - had to do some surfing to find much about it, but I ran across username dubi, who is an Ace breeder, and got a lot of info on the strain and its development.

It has 2 main pheno groups - the green and the red. The green tends to be buzzier and taller, and the reds often express in pink pistils as well as leaves. Purples are as much as 10% of the phenos. :cheesygrinsmiley: The all-over coloring that I got seems to be rarer - lucky me. :slide:

DSCN40852.JPG

DSCN4197.JPG

DSCN41941.JPG

Graytail, you absolutely should grab some Dynastygenetics gear. I would love to see you run some of their sativa hybrids like Ms. Universe, Megafauna, Bluniverse or Pineapple fields! Best breeder I have found to date!

I know! I got a serious jones for that Bluniverse! :love: Hell, the whole catalog looks great!

I'm eventually going to have to adjust my setup to allow for regulars, dammit. *mutter* I have a meter tent I haven't put to use ... :hmmmm: ...

Sent from this funny device I carry around and still call a phone even though I hardly ever make calls with it.

BTW, I finally figured this out! :cheesygrinsmiley: It's not a phone! It's a hand computer!

Duh.

I kept wondering why I would need to spend that much just in case I ever wanted to send or receive a phone call. I'd be making $10 phone calls. :straightface: That's just silly.

But, silly old man that I am, I finally realized that I spend that time on my laptop. My lap computer. So, I could have a hand computer too. That makes sense. :slide:

And if I ever want to take a picture, or make a voice call ... I can use the hand computer to do it! :yahoo: Of course, no one will answer the voice call ...

Livin in a second Century can be a tad disorienting, y'know? :hmmmm:

I know! I got a serious jones for that Bluniverse! :love: Hell, the whole catalog looks great!

I'm eventually going to have to adjust my setup to allow for regulars, dammit. *mutter* I have a meter tent I haven't put to use ... :hmmmm: ...

A lot of people think they don't have space for regs. I tend to counter that. Firstly adjusting my seedling area to an all T5 6400k setup netted me 10 of 12 females from a megafauna pack. That may not be typical but think in another way. What if you popped a pack and just kept them in 1 gallons and bonsaid them until they showed sex? You could fit 4 seedling per sq.ft. That's 3 sq foot for a 12 pack of dynasty. Which would be less than 1/5th of a 4 x 4 area.

I think there has to be something special about reg seeds over fems. There are traits linked to the male sex chromosome and some have to be very advantageous to have the additional variety afforded by having male chromosomes. Otherwise over time the selected pressure would be lacking and cannabis would eliminate males and just reproduce female to female by hermaphroditism. But what we actually see is that male female breeding is the norm in nature and hermaphroditism is just a safety mechanism in case all else fails. Some strains rarely if ever turn hermaphroditic. So male female breeding must give extra survivability (vigor) to the new seedlings.

I was going to reverse a plant and make seeds. Now I think I will just take a male megafauna or dark dragon and pollinate my harem of females.

What holds me back is having to dedicate space and time to a male plant. :straightface:

I've been considering a no-mercy grow in 3 gallon pots which solves the space problem, but I don't get to clone that way unless I want to root blooming shoots, so if I score a great pheno it's tough to keep it. Otherwise I have to do a decent veg for cuttings, with all the space that requires. :hmmmm: There's another method where you keep vegging your plants and put the cuts into bloom - that gets you two birds with one stone - cuts and a sex determination. The cuts have vegged long enough by then to flip fairly quickly.

Dunno. This next run I'm going to try to up my game, first - get my spaces under control - try to be less lazy. :cheesygrinsmiley: For me, a new dedicated tent is probably the easiest way to run regulars. I have some space in the furnace room, fairly close to my veg area.

Seed company freebies and gifts from growing buddies doing fun things with genetics are the only real sources of regs in my world, but I find them both too tempting to ignore.

I have the same situation. I keep looking at them and thinking..... I have some really interesting seeds from those grow buddies that are soooo enticing. :laughtwo:

Never an end to the expansion is there Graytail? Lol! Sometimes I think my whole apartment will become nothing but grow spaces and the mats on the floor where I work. I can't tell you the number of times I've wished I could dispense with the bed and just convert the whole bedroom to grow spaces. :laughtwo:

I have the same situation. I keep looking at them and thinking..... I have some really interesting seeds from those grow buddies that are soooo enticing. :laughtwo:

Never an end to the expansion is there Graytail? Lol! Sometimes I think my whole apartment will become nothing but grow spaces and the mats on the floor where I work. I can't tell you the number of times I've wished I could dispense with the bed and just convert the whole bedroom to grow spaces. :laughtwo:

you can always grow on the bottom bunk ;)

..edit: a bunkbed with bottom removed :) sleep on top bunk...hang lights off of it :thumb:

This next run I'm going to try to up my game

Pffft! :rofl:
The only part of your game that needs upping is your white fly annihilation strategy.

Yep, it was an Ace Panama from a couple years ago. I was one of the first on 420 to run it I think - had to do some surfing to find much about it, but I ran across username dubi, who is an Ace breeder, and got a lot of info on the strain and its development.

It has 2 main pheno groups - the green and the red. The green tends to be buzzier and taller, and the reds often express in pink pistils as well as leaves. Purples are as much as 10% of the phenos. :cheesygrinsmiley: The all-over coloring that I got seems to be rarer - lucky me. :slide:

DSCN40852.JPG

DSCN4197.JPG

DSCN41941.JPG

GT wow!!!...I don't remember seeing some of those!! :)
mine never were that color..
(+) reps!

Hey Mr.......Did I just read that right??????? Gray , you got a phone....did you finally cave???I am the last one on the planet without????:bravo: Couldn't take it anymore??

LOL, not yet! But I see these guys around me who can stream music from their phones to a nice powered cylinder speaker thingy and THAT's something I'd like to have. And I like the idea of being able to get to the interwebs, too. I may be a 20th century man but I've been wired up since before Netscape arrived. Picture that - no browser - you had to know the URL. :laugh: No graphics, no wysiwyg - just lines of text.

It'll be in the next few months - whenever I get off the dime.

I have a very small grow area. I veg a single reg to get an early clone, then shove the young (hopefully) mother into a corner of the bloom room before sex is evident. Some folks get away with sexing in veg, but I'm never certain and would hate to miss a fem, so I do them one or two at a time this way. Just culled one.

THAT's a good idea! I could see messing with one at a time. :hmmmm: Thanks!

GT wow!!!...I don't remember seeing some of those!! :)
mine never were that color..
(+) reps!

I had kinda forgotten myself! :laugh:

I was SO excited at the time. I looked all over the place and I never found another one. You can find some coloration, and a lot of red pistils, but I didn't find another one like mine. And it knocked itself up too! So I have viable S1s. I ran one successful seed and one freak dud. :slide:

you can always grow on the bottom bunk ;)

..edit: a bunkbed with bottom removed :) sleep on top bunk...hang lights off of it :thumb:

The bed is nicely heated at night too!

Heheh, I sleep on a waterbed, so that's a no-go for me. It's heated already though. Y'all are missing out on a premium sleeping experience if you don't have a heated waterbed. It's cool in the summer - never a hot spot - always the right temp, and ooooo so nice and warm in the winter. Mites and other creepy critters have no use for the vinyl either.

Yup, it's a forgotten luxury, folks. :geek:

Back
Top Bottom