Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Thank you, gentlemen, for checking in. :Namaste:

I'm getting close. Spring has sprung, and I'm getting itchy for some fresh herb. One of the positive things about this long break - I've gotten to know the strains I've grown a lot better as the jars empty. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll be running a few of them bloom-from-seed to get a fresh supply as quickly as I can. :slide: Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze is a keeper, for instance - 3/4 Brazilian x 1/4 Amnesia Haze - gonna call it Eubie (UB) Hayes. :laugh: Destroyer x Buddha Haze is a winner, too. And I'll run some exotic Ziggy genetics - 'bout time - sorry it took so long, Ziggy. The full time strains will be Carnival, Blue Dream, and some Diesels. It's great to hear you love the SSSDH!

I'm getting close. Spring has sprung, and I'm getting itchy for some fresh herb. One of the positive things about this long break - I've gotten to know the strains I've grown a lot better as the jars empty. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll be running a few of them bloom-from-seed to get a fresh supply as quickly as I can. :slide: Utopia Haze x Buddha Haze is a keeper, for instance - 3/4 Brazilian x 1/4 Amnesia Haze - gonna call it Eubie (UB) Hayes. :laugh: Destroyer x Buddha Haze is a winner, too. And I'll run some exotic Ziggy genetics - 'bout time - sorry it took so long, Ziggy. The full time strains will be Carnival, Blue Dream, and some Diesels. It's great to hear you love the SSSDH!

im sorry you missed out so long :)

I missed this announcement of sorts. :yahoo: Please, don't let me miss the new start. Every time I harvest another Carnival I wish I could stroll down the street and share. :battingeyelashes: :love: You're craving fresh, I can feel it. Lol!

Heyyy Graytail!!! Good to see ya back and about. If you start a new journal I wanna know! You grow some gorgeous flowers!! :volcano-smiley:

..... and a happy 420 too! :)

0013426.JPG

I made a list for future reference. :cheesygrinsmiley:

3 Raspberry Diesel - Humboldt
1 Pineapple Express - Fast Buds - Auto
1 Vanilla Kush - Barneys
3 Purple Orange CBD - Dinafem
3 Blue Dream - Humboldt
1 Purple Haze - Positronics
1 SSSDH - Connoisseur Genetics
2 Critical Sensi Star - Delicious
3 Utopia Haze - Barney's Seeds
1 Strawberry Blue - WOS
2 Brazil Amazonia - WOS
7 Carnival - Ministry of Seeds
1 Y Griega - Medical Seeds
1 2046 - Medical
1 Strawberry Sour Diesel - Devil's Harvest
2 Sour Diesel - Medical
3 Prozack - Medical
1 Caribe - Cannabiogen
2 Blue Blood - Medicann
2 White Panther - Ceres
2 Nebula - Paradise
1 Afghan Kush x Black Domina
3 White Widow - Paradise
1 Delahaze - Paradise
3 Green Love Potion - Samsara
2 Cotton Candy - Delicious
2 Chronic Haze - WOS
1 Afghan Kush - WOS
5 WW x Skunk#1 - Reg
15 Afghani - Reg
5 Nicole Kush x Morocco - Reg
5 Hawaiian Skunk Haze - Reg
2 Kerala x Skunk#1 - Reg
88 Seeds
33 Strains
16 Bought/Chosen

Nexus x Buddha Haze
Carnival x BH
Blue Blood x BH
Utopia Haze x BH
Destroyer x BH
Panama x Panama
Carnival x Cotton Candy
Carnival x Utopia Haze (Rio)
Carnival x Rio
Rio x Rio
Channel+ x Rio
Defran x Rio
Freddys Best x Rio
Panama+
Zamaldelica+
Golden Tiger+
Purple Haze+
Auto Jack+
Auto Jack+
19 Strains

:hmmmm:

Not much inventory but a pretty decent selection...

:rofl:

Hey Graytail, great Thread. (i know im a bit late) :D

Great to see a other Utopia Haze lover, from all the Strains i grew over the Years (and that were quite a lot), Utopia Haze still is my favorite when it comes to the type of High. Im very sensitive to Cannabis, but UH is by far the most friendly type of High i ever had. (the long flowering phenos) Actually UH isn't a IBL in my eyes, but more a fantastic hybrid with a lot of options to find something outstanding. For me it feels like a selfed version of a F1 cross between a indica and a wild landrace Sativa, has a strong hybrid vigour. If the wild landrace sativa is a Brazilian line, i don't know, Barney's isn't very honest about their genetic, most if not all of Barney's strains are the work of others.

The UH fit's in a time Charles Scott (Reeferman) has worked as a Breeder for BF, so it's pretty good possible UH is something he left in Amsterdam as a Clone or Seedline, not a fact but could be possible. Also had a conversation with Mustafunk on IC some years ago, he speculate that UH comes from the old clones which float around the Netherlands, C5 Haze was his guess. Never smoked C5 Haze myself, so can't say for sure, my guess is that the Sativa used in UH could be of Colombian heritage when seeing some other long flowering UH phenos people has posted online. But in the end it's completely uninteresting what it is, it's a fantastic cross with huge potential to work with in my eyes.

In 2012, between Christmas and New Years eve, i've visit my Mother in Germany, and decided to make a little trip to Amsterdam. Had a litte Apartment near the Central Station and found my way to Barney's Coffeeshop, bought a g of Nevilles A5 Haze and a g Utopia Haze. Smoked a few tokes of the A5 Haze, terrible strong stuff, very uncomfortable type of high, running around Amsterdam for some hours in rain, found myself in a long row in front of Gray Area and the Cheese shop between. Later in the evening i decided to smoke a UH Joint, and BOOM, felt like being on Cloud 9, listen to music for hours, had to laugh about my own thoughts, head felt super light, going out for a walk and everything felt brighter and super interesting, even at evening, the high had no ceiling, every toke put you higher in the most fantastic way .

In 2013 i decided to grow UH myself, bought 30 Seeds and started, first thing i noticed that it isn't a pure Sativa IBL line, had some crazy vigour and HUGE leaves, some strong indica looking phenos also were present, but the huge long flowering phenos were my main interest, one Plant had a crazy yield of almost 100g. The piney citrus woody smell and taste is a dominant trait which probably comes from the Sativa parent i guess, also had some indica phenos which had a bland smell and taste, like cardboard. After this grow i tried more Sativas over the Years (Hawaiian Sativa, Mextiza, Oaxacan etc.), but none of these were like UH in type of high, some were to racy and some had bad side effects with a mudy comedown, none of these had the balloon on a string type of high UH has. It's my personal holy Grail and i will work with it in the near future, have a good pure Sativa Colombian Gold IBL to make a outcross to work on a personal UH in a regular form, as we know UH is only available as a fem. line.

I sadly not have the pictures of the UH Plants in full flower, but a few in veg.
(date on the picture is the manufacturing date of the camera, battery was empty)
SDC13583.JPG
SDC13584.JPG
SDC13595.JPG
SDC13601.JPG
SDC13603.JPG
SDC13604.JPG
SDC13605.JPG

As you can see there for sure are some indica genes in UH. Longest flowering pheno flowered around 16 weeks, was the biggest yielder.

Do you still grow the UH?

Peace

Pineapple

Heyyy, fantastic! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Interesting timing. I just harvested a (UtopiaHaze x BuddhaHaze) x GoldenTiger, and I've been smoking the fresh stuff :blunt:and thinking what fine weed it is. I call it "kind" weed. BuddhaHaze is another Brazilian, crossed with AmnesiaHaze, and the combination is always heavily Brazilian. AmnesiaHaze rarely adds much character of its own - mostly just improves the habit. So UBH x GT is admittedly a bit of a genetic mess, but it carries the UH high forward quite well. I ran a BuddhaHaze that hermied and got me a bunch of UBH and I've run a few - surprisingly consistent phenos - and then I got a few more from some GT hermies.

If you look way back to 2014?, I have a journal with my first Utopia Haze and it must have had some of that indica you refer to. It grew relatively short but with a very long open structure with fat buds at every node - loved it! Spectacular high! The following ones were all fluffy sativa habits with lower potency. But the buzz is always a strong thrilling rush followed by a kind, peaceful envelopment, and just a quiet fade after a few hours.

I can believe it could a C5 Haze cross, particularly if it went to Amsterdam and has some recessive indica (NL) characteristics. Ace Seeds has recently acquired some of the Neville's stock and have introduced A5 crosses that have been very well received. I've looked into the background of cannabis in Brazil, and since it was a Portuguese colony and not a Spanish one, there should be a difference in where the original seeds came from, and that could help distinguish the particular high that it has. If it came with the earliest slaves, they were from Angola in SW Africa. There is evidence that they stuffed rag dolls with the seeds and carried them along. But Brazilian sativa is more like Colombian Gold and Thai than it is like a West African strain. My theory is that it's more related to Indian and Nepalese, or even East African, from coastal trade along the Indian Ocean perimeter. It'll be interesting to see what DNA eventually turns up.

Anyway, ditto! Great to see another grower who knows the great Utopia Haze!

:high-five:

You should also try Destroyer from Cannabiogen. It's very similar to UH - a magnificent buzz - so refined and fundamental - a sativa with a capital S - the real deal. And I just pulled 128 grams from an impossibly fluffy finicky pheno. :slide: :love:

Heyyy, fantastic! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Interesting timing. I just harvested a (UtopiaHaze x BuddhaHaze) x GoldenTiger, and I've been smoking the fresh stuff :blunt:and thinking what fine weed it is. I call it "kind" weed. BuddhaHaze is another Brazilian, crossed with AmnesiaHaze, and the combination is always heavily Brazilian. AmnesiaHaze rarely adds much character of its own - mostly just improves the habit. So UBH x GT is admittedly a bit of a genetic mess, but it carries the UH high forward quite well. I ran a BuddhaHaze that hermied and got me a bunch of UBH and I've run a few - surprisingly consistent phenos - and then I got a few more from some GT hermies.

If you look way back to 2014?, I have a journal with my first Utopia Haze and it must have had some of that indica you refer to. It grew relatively short but with a very long open structure with fat buds at every node - loved it! Spectacular high! The following ones were all fluffy sativa habits with lower potency. But the buzz is always a strong thrilling rush followed by a kind, peaceful envelopment, and just a quiet fade after a few hours.

I can believe it could a C5 Haze cross, particularly if it went to Amsterdam and has some recessive indica (NL) characteristics. Ace Seeds has recently acquired some of the Neville's stock and have introduced A5 crosses that have been very well received. I've looked into the background of cannabis in Brazil, and since it was a Portuguese colony and not a Spanish one, there should be a difference in where the original seeds came from, and that could help distinguish the particular high that it has. If it came with the earliest slaves, they were from Angola in SW Africa. There is evidence that they stuffed rag dolls with the seeds and carried them along. But Brazilian sativa is more like Colombian Gold and Thai than it is like a West African strain. My theory is that it's more related to Indian and Nepalese, or even East African, from coastal trade along the Indian Ocean perimeter. It'll be interesting to see what DNA eventually turns up.

Anyway, ditto! Great to see another grower who knows the great Utopia Haze!

:high-five:

You should also try Destroyer from Cannabiogen. It's very similar to UH - a magnificent buzz - so refined and fundamental - a sativa with a capital S - the real deal. And I just pulled 128 grams from an impossibly fluffy finicky pheno. :slide: :love:

Sounds like an interessting cros this UBH, Golden Tiger also has great reviews, even it would be maybe too strong as a stand alone strain for me i guess. :D

The longer i think about Utopia Haze and the phenos i had, the more i think it really could be a selfed C5 Haze. The C5 has a very special look of the leaves, and there was a pheno in UH which looked pretty much the same with it's crazy leaves. Also the C5 Haze is desribed with a friendly High, the A5 Haze i smoked was just devasting, 3 tokes and had to quit. So will never touch something with A5 haze in it again, just the name scares me. :D

Yes also read that some Brazilian Sativas are connected to Angola Red, the Manga Rosa for example. Manga Rosa was also used in some of Reefermans crosses, he later tried to source more MR Seeds on public forums cause he lost his parent plant.

Heard good things about Destroyer, will put it on my future to grow list. :)

But main project will be the UH, using a very nice friendly Oaxacan line as male part for a outcross, than backcrossing. Let's see what the future brings. :)

Peace and happy growing!

Pineapple

A5 Killer Haze... :surf:

:cheesygrinsmiley: It's definitely on my list, along with Ghost Train Haze ...

I've been reading the Haze Brothers/Skunkman/Nevilles story again, and if Utopia came from C5, it may lean towards Kerala ...

I'd forgotten that one of the original Haze males was a Kerala. They dusted the lot with a different sativa male each year.

Back
Top Bottom