LED/CFL Grow Test-New LEDS

so you couldnt just replace this with more dense LED lights?? I saw some on ebay that were much more densely packed then the ones you are using. I dunno maybe I need to just sit back and think a little lol. I'm just trying to think of ways to keep the lumens up and the heat down in my growroom is all.

Not for the price I payed for these. I bought these because of the spectrum and dome LED shape. Figured it could handle clones and veg by itself, and add good light to an hps setup.

But distance is key. Too close and they are tiny circles on the plant, too far and no lumens. We will see when the distance is right, then I can only do up 4 more inches before I have to angle them and put them in corners. The plant shouldn't get more then 2 1/2 - 3 feet though. Anyway when I am done I will know how far away to place them for the entire grow.

Great link. Too bad the HID, LED, Natural test they had was never completed because of the end of a semester ;-) The study did say that under eqal conditions, the leds were comperable to the 400w HPS (Led grew taller by a few cm on average) during the vegatative phase, but like I said, they couldnt do the flowering end :(

Thanks for the link!

--and I think your right everything i read and everyone i spoke to said in flowering led needs supplemental light. However, in veg. the blue led works reallly well--

about the ufo this is a decent video

LED vs. HID

Comparison of LED vs HID lights.
decent? that was amazing! Did the plant that was vegged under the LED's get flowered with the HPS? Why do you think their was such a difference in yield? What do those two clipboards say at the end? +Rep

^ I see it now. That's very impressive. How much does one of those UFO's cost?

Say 39- Bud production is good, she has filled in nice. Time for another spurt up.

DSCN35201.JPG

DSCN3522.JPG

DSCN35181.JPG

DSCN35161.JPG

Thank you!

She is surprisingly stinky, just an earthy skunk so far. Been smelling since before the buds though, so I think she is gonna have strong odor.

I switched out 4 3k spectrums with 4 2700's, gimme some more reds.

Those UFO lights are still like $600 each.

Back
Top Bottom