A New Top LED Panel for Testing

Has anyone started seedling with a Mars II LED Grow Light 700w. How far away from them should the light be and should I doing 18 hours or the full 24?

I would use a 18/6 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness lighting schedule. I read a study where lighting schedule versus root length was tested and plants grown under a 16/8 lighting schedule grew the longest roots, 18/6 was not tested. I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

Here is what the Top LED panel has been doing

:cheesygrinsmiley:

This is a Haze Hybrid (I think with super snowdawg)

DSC_5850_hzhyseeded.jpg

DSC_5858_hzhytop.jpg

DSC_5825_hzhy.jpg

DSC_5825_seed.jpg

:peace: Folks

Thank you Sara!!!

I was made aware of a study where lighting schedule versus growth was tested and plants give at least 5.5 hours of darkness grew the most.

This is the exact reason I use the GLR schedule. 18 hours of light while cloning though. For those that do not know the GLR is 12 hours of light 5.5 hours of dark 1 hour of light then another 5.5 hours of dark. Root growth seems to be better and flowering initiates much faster. IMHO

please order a mars II 1200w for your grow, standard light is ok:) main help flower.
I've been wanting a LED light and it's a hard decision ... BuckShot grew with Top LED in the pictures above ? My area is 4x4 so I guess I would need the same light. I have 2 areas both 4x4 ..thinking of using my CFL on veg area and LED in flower area. Can't afford 2 . Any opinions?

yes, standard is full spectrum, help vege and flower both.
So no need to add the 100.00 for bloom.. The standard is for both bloom and veg ? Really really interested .

This is the exact reason I use the GLR schedule. 18 hours of light while cloning though. For those that do not know the GLR is 12 hours of light 5.5 hours of dark 1 hour of light then another 5.5 hours of dark. Root growth seems to be better and flowering initiates much faster. IMHO

HB, do both sativa and indica plants respond well to GLR? and what do you use for the one hour, same lights?

I've been wanting a LED light and it's a hard decision ... BuckShot grew with Top LED in the pictures above ? My area is 4x4 so I guess I would need the same light. I have 2 areas both 4x4 ..thinking of using my CFL on veg area and LED in flower area. Can't afford 2 . Any opinions?

Granny,

Yes I bloomed this plant with the panel this thread is about. The panel will do veg through bloom but for now the panel is in the bloom room. That plant was vegged in a combo of MH and LED. Sara is suggesting a bigger more powerful panel below. Although Sara is sales her suggestion is based on trying to fill that space with light. More light = more meds. I have not tried the Mars II but B.I.D (Big Irish Doode) is loving it. However back to budget. Budget rules. If this panel fits in your budget it is fully capable of veg to bloom.

If you can only afford one LED light then go with a flowering unit for sure. From what I've read the difference between CFLs/LEDs is most dramatic during flowering.

cannabis loves CFL in veg... this panel can do both though if needed

please order a mars II 1200w for your grow, standard light is ok:) main help flower.

:cheesygrinsmiley: Hey Sara :thanks:

So no need to add the 100.00 for bloom.. The standard is for both bloom and veg ? Really really interested .

yes this light will do both...

I think I will close this thread as I am going to retire this panel to the veg room for the summer to reduce electric bills and heat.

Sara is trying to point out above that the more powerful Mars panel will offer better fatter buds. Although I do not have one to test against I have seen Big Irish Doodes results and more is better sometimes :cheesygrinsmiley:

So please magical folks who move things please move this to the all done bucket :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you all for following

I think I will close this thread as I am going to retire this panel to the veg room for the summer to reduce electric bills and heat.

Sara is trying to point out above that the more powerful Mars panel will offer better fatter buds. Although I do not have one to test against I have seen Big Irish Doodes results and more is better sometimes :cheesygrinsmiley:

So please magical folks who move things please move this to the all done bucket :cheesygrinsmiley:

Thank you all for following

Hey Buckshot,

Thanks for taking the time to do the journal! Happy Growing!

YUP TOPLED MAKES A GREAT LED LIGHT!! i love my little mars2 80x5watt aka 400 it made some rediculously potent high brix meds with a short veg time i will eventually put more test time in on my mars2 its been keeping my mothers uber happy and im about to flower a big blue dream mom with it 1 gal 1 light a love affair <-----possible new journal title
thank you buck for this excellent journal you have done yourself,your plants and topled proud im quite sure!

Wow!

Thanks folks
:allgood:
You Rock!!!

Hello Guys, you seem a friendly bunch - first post and first grow for a while. My grow room is 80cm * 80cm and its 180 tall. Personal use only. I am seriously considering getting the TopLed Reflector LED Grow Light 192*3W for the UK. I should like the views of others on this. I also am wondering if its possible to ship from the UK as I want to avoid the 20% VAT tax if I can.

The grow looks really good such good leaves such dark green.

Zero

Back
Top Bottom