LED/CFL Grow Test-New LEDS

great thread am curious about specs. grow area size? number and watts and color temp of CFLs ? feeding frequency ? fans size ?

these are the details that make a huge difference in helping a new grower or even experienced gardeners in a new style grow cab.

I really didn't get into all that because I wanted to test the difference LED's would make against just cfl's. I used this sunflower because of the flowering time being similar. The Cannabis started flowering today, and the sunflowers last week, so they actually flowered around the same time. But seeing as I have nothing to compare the sunflowers too, I decided to grow a single Cannabis plant, and grow it through, even if it was male.

At least I can compare it to my last 12/12 grow and see if the LED's made any difference.

The room is about 3.5 x 3.5' and 6 feet high. I was growing all of them in the closet, but temps were too hard to control so I brought them into the grow room.

There are 8 cfl's, 2 100watt(26w) cool whites, 3 150 watt(42w) soft white and 3 100 (26w) soft whites. The 4 panels are mixed spectrum red/blue. So only about 12,000 lumens in CFL. The led can't be measured like this but it's something around 15,000 at this distance (about 3 feet) You can see the color spread of the LED on the cfl ballasts, nice and purple :)

I have a 4" 75 cfm bathroom fan with a 12" carbon filter exhausting and passive intake. There is a hepa filter fan in there moving air around..

The plant is in my normal soil mix- she was NOT germinated, I stuck her in the dirt. She popped about 3 days after. Started it on a 4-4-4 1/4 str and 1/2 str FF Bigbloom at 11 days, and have not fed again yet. I water wet/dry to the middle of the root through a tube. Next watering and every watering after that she will get full str sea-tea, Big Bloom, and maybe a few doses of 3-7-3, depending on the organics. There are organic trace minerals in the soil ) Plan-tone or something like that.

Hope that helps ;-)

Check out the grows in my sig for more info ;-)

You can barely see it in the center, but that's a pistol ;-)
DSCN3440.JPG

Cool, I want a LED UFO so bad but dont know if its worth the ridiculous 600 dollars! This thread will probably influence my decision and Im glad someone is finally doing this

Yep, bagseed :) 7 females in a row too. Crazy. I cannot beleive the growth for just 3 days, it's crazy. I think I will keep them on 11:15/12:45 from here on out. Oh, they got full strength bloom nutes in the morning. 1 tbsp big bloom, 1tbsp maxicrop seaweed, 1/4 tsp 15-30-15 per gallon water.

Yo Boss!! Thats incredible growth from day 21 to day 23.. Definitely watching this grow.. Very interested to see if the leds make much of a difference. Even if they don't exceed the results of mh/hps/cfls but come close the savings on electric and the less heat output may be the way to go. Thanks for doing this Boss!

I am hoping to see the sweet spot for the LEDS soon. I will know when they have focused right when she slows up and gets tight and fat. The CFL's are all off to the side and above, not at close as I usually run them, so I am seeing a bit of stretch, but not much. Oh, this is strong indica, it has smelled for the last week.

are you running the LED's right now or is this the cfl comparison grow?

do the pictures above show the plants with the LED's? If so how many cfl's are you using along with the LED's?

Back
Top Bottom